Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Just thought - do you measure your flax seeds AFTER milling or BEFORE? It could make a big difference I guess - i measured two tbsp of unmilled seeds.....and didn't use ground almonds (don't think my recipe mentioned that) nor the bit of gum. I think also I used too flat a container - a shallow dish that I thought would shape it to barm cake proportions..... I think too that I used melted butter not coconut oil
I always mill loads at once - rarely use whole seeds as they go straight through you don't they? I just changed from the melted butter to coconut oil recently... I added the almond flour :) and the gum just gives it a bit more, um, presence... :) Because I usually add the cream cheese as well I cook for 2 minutes too... I changed it a bit...

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Waitrose & Tesco both showed empty shelves where the 9bars had been this week. I wonder if someone's been on a raiding party?

:rolleyes: This is my innocent look.

Are the 9bars not high in carbs?

Regardless of their carb content (which is lower than most bars of their type), the do not spike me at all.
Which is very good news. :happy:

I believe one person reported that a 9 bar had been a problem for them, but the vast majority seem ok. But don't take my word for it. Try them and see. ;)

Reactions: 4 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Just coffee and beef bone broth soup so far today.

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
ooh, yes, please do :joyful:
No time today... been stuck on the laptop trying to find the cheapest bargains for the machines for my new kitchen... I'm sooo sick of it... :) I'm having buttered steamed sliced beans, purple sprouting broccoli, baby sprouts and fennel with poached salmon and a little mayonnaise.. I shall have coyo with strawberries afterwards... I made a sort of moussaka today - sliced and salted aubergine last night... rinsed it this morning, patted dry and wondered what to do with it... fried it in garlic olive oil, then courgette, then portobello mushroom and cherry tomatoes... made 'béchamel' with cream, creme fraiche and grated Cornish Cove... poured it over, baked at 180 for 25... brilliant... :) Ate two chillies stuffed with cheese and some goat's cheese while I was doing it, small glass of red wine.... breakfast was three slices of my mic bread with Roquefort and Magic Bullet coffee... I've done this all upside-down... :confused: Meant to do it properly...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks for that - have now saved it. I need to get some ground almonds - which reminds me my pack of chia seeds was delivered this morning but it still outside - postie pops parcels over the gate if i don't answer the door and I've still not brought them in - nor my HMDI cable which was in the same delivery
:D

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - mini broccoli and Stilton quiche... It wasn't quite right lol but I still ate it
L - leftover salmon and broccoli
S - 70gs of chopped walnuts
D - mashed cauliflower with chicken tikka masala
Berries and cream for laters if I need the

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast turkey bacon mushrooms spelt crust
lunch salad box with tuna mayo
dinner shop bought lamb spinach curry onion bajhia and salad and half a poppadum
3 sq dark choc and half an apple

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:rolleyes: This is my innocent look.

Regardless of their carb content (which is lower than most bars of their type), the do not spike me at all.
Which is very good news. :happy:

I believe one person reported that a 9 bar had been a problem for them, but the vast majority seem ok. But don't take my word for it. Try them and see. ;)

Thank you, will give them a try

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B. Late start at work so 2 fried eggs and 2 rashers of bacon.
L. Boiled eggs, breakfast balls, cauliflower tortillas, salad.
D. Poached haddock, mashed cauliflower, peas and sweetcorn. Jelly n cream. bg post 2h 6.2

Upped my cream intake this week, no bread at all and not craving it. Think I havent been eating enough fat recently which is why I have been so hungry and craving bread. In a good place now.. :)
Cool.... :cool:

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: butter with a slice of multiseeded toast
Dinner: ah, remembered - leftover hotpot, cabbage and red cabbage followed about an hour later by some plain Alpro yoghurt
Tea: stew
Snack: More Alpro plain yoghurt but with chia and sunflower seeds added. 8 small white choc buttons

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - left over Quorn steak with grilled tomatoes (bit grim actually, won't be getting any more of them!) Tea, tea, tea.
Mid-morning - Coffee with cream.
Lunch - Slices of edam and three strawberries snaffled from a friend's fridge when I went round to walk her dogs. Tea, obviously.
Dinner - grilled salmon, green beans, broccoli and asparagus in a cheesy mushroom and prawn sauce. Berries and cream.

Have just been out walking with the dogs in the woods so think I'll have a couple of squares of chocolate and a peppermint tea before bed :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning... Today I toasted three slices of my mic bread and had soldiers with two boiled eggs... :joyful:
Lunch will be poached salmon left over with a big salad which will include peppers and fennel...
Dinner will be steamed buttered veg and a fillet steak, followed by CoYo and berries...
Magic Bullet hot chocolate with a spoonful of peanut butter before bed... :hungry:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sooo... is that peanut butter in your hot choc? or as a side serving?

Enquiring mind wants to know... :happy:

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sooo... is that peanut butter in your hot choc? or as a side serving?

Enquiring mind wants to know... :happy:
I put it in - it has chia seed in it too and blitzes beautifully in my NutriBullet... :) I'm sure I sleep better too...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you have inspired me.

just stepping into the kitchen to make a chia seed pud.
chia seeds, cocoa, erythritol, peanut butter and boiling water.
to be served with extra thick double cream. of course.

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
you have inspired me.

Lush.. :)

S

Sable_Jan

Good morning... Today I toasted three slices of my mic bread and had soldiers with two boiled eggs... :joyful:
Lunch will be poached salmon left over with a big salad which will include peppers and fennel...
Dinner will be steamed buttered veg and a fillet steak, followed by CoYo and berries...
Magic Bullet hot chocolate with a spoonful of peanut butter before bed... :hungry:
Good morning
Breakfast: butter, peanut butter and toast 5.8 to 6.9 so not too bad. Set a test for an extra half hour in case of delayed spike but heard it, carried on typing so I didn't lose track of what I was saying then forgot about it
Dinner: Am about to make a frittata with bag of Sainsbury's stir fry veg (will be enough for two days)
Tea: Going out to carvery :hungry: so depends what I fancy when I get there - but I will TRY to be good

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

you have inspired me.

And you have reminded me to ask if anyone has a recipe for chia seed pud cos quite a few of you have mentioned it. What sort of quantities do you use? Mainly the liquid to weight of chia seeds ratio.... I'd thought of making mine with soya milk......

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
you have inspired me.

Perfect... can you give us the quantities please? Thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.