Freestyle Libre sensors

Daninov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Help- can anyone get freestyle libre sensors- there is aparently a problem with supply so wondered if anyone was selling some?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

graj0

http://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/freestyle-libre-sensor-kit-en-gb-es.html

I've just been on their website because I'm interested in buying the sensor and the reader, both of which seem to be available. Oddly, the starter pack which I thought would contain the sensor and the reader is not presently available. Perhaps I should try and buy the two separately.
Also, I have sent them an eMail to double check the status of both items. I'll update as soon as they reply, they're not too bad because I recently asked about the starter pack and they said they'd contact me when available. I'm confused because it looks like both items are available, but not in a starter pack. We shall see.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I've just been on their website because I'm interested in buying the sensor and the reader, both of which seem to be available. Oddly, the starter pack which I thought would contain the sensor and the reader is not presently available. Perhaps I should try and buy the two separately.
Also, I have sent them an eMail to double check the status of both items. I'll update as soon as they reply, they're not too bad because I recently asked about the starter pack and they said they'd contact me when available. I'm confused because it looks like both items are available, but not in a starter pack. We shall see.
If you are an existing customer you can buy, but if you are a new user you can only sign up to be notified when they are on sale again to new customers.
https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/customer/account/login/ (try signing in as a new customer)

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't buy off of someone, if it's faulty [and there is a high fault rate] you can't return it

Reactions: 2 people
G

graj0

If you are an existing customer you can buy, but if you are a new user you can only sign up to be notified when they are on sale again to new customers.
https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/customer/account/login/ (try signing in as a new customer)
Thanks for that, explains everything. Shame they couldn't make it clearer for old geezers like me LOL.

I'm waiting to hear about them getting their manufacturing arrangements sorted.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for that, explains everything. Shame they couldn't make it clearer for old geezers like me LOL.

I'm waiting to hear about them getting their manufacturing arrangements sorted.
Seems daft that you can add stuff to your basket... only to be scuppered at the checkout :arghh:

G

graj0

Seems daft that you can add stuff to your basket... only to be scuppered at the checkout :arghh:
Doubly annoying for an old geezer who spent 35 years working in most areas of IT. Don't they teach these people how to design systems and write efficient code any more? LOL

Daninov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wouldn't buy off of someone, if it's faulty [and there is a high fault rate] you can't return it
I know - the frustrating thing is that I have the unit but just need the pads!
Amazing to see how far out of market value these are going for on ebay

Daninov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

there is a pack on ebay for sale currently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FreeStyle...865?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c97ee25b9

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know - the frustrating thing is that I have the unit but just need the pads!
Amazing to see how far out of market value these are going for on ebay
I meant the pads being faulty. there is a high fault rate on the pad sensor. it's a matter of going to abbots web site and putting your name on the list to be contacted.
given the inaccuracy and fault rate, you could look at getting a proper CGM from the hospital clinic to see what is happening with your levels

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
TBH the thread title makes them sound like a feminine hygiene product :rolleyes:

Daninov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I meant the pads being faulty. there is a high fault rate on the pad sensor. it's a matter of going to abbots web site and putting your name on the list to be contacted.
given the inaccuracy and fault rate, you could look at getting a proper CGM from the hospital clinic to see what is happening with your levels
thanks - i hadnt realised there were issues with the pads as well!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
TBH the thread title makes them sound like a feminine hygiene product :rolleyes:

Yes - Daninov, sensors is what people normally use. They're hard and spiky, not very pad-like.

PS I second Jack. Extremely high failure rate, so don't get secondhand as no return.

Daninov

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes - Daninov, sensors is what people normally use. They're hard and spiky, not very pad-like.

PS I second Jack. Extremely high failure rate, so don't get secondhand as no return.
HAHHA- see what you mean, I have altered the description but cant change the heading- kind of makes you want to run, ride a horse and do all the things you wouldnt normally do unless you were making a tampon ad!

Reactions: 4 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
HAHHA- see what you mean, I have altered the description but cant change the heading- kind of makes you want to run, ride a horse and do all the things you wouldnt normally do unless you were making a tampon ad!
If you click on Thread Tools (black box, upper right) I think you can edit the title there.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have so many questions to ask about this product..

I have used a freestyle touchscreen "test strip" monitor a couple of years ago & gave up.. The black on dark grey LCD screen was appalling for starters. Even under indoor lighting.. I had to angle the screen 45degrees to get any clarity. The blue hue screen back light was useless..Could be down to the screen cover composition??
The light up test strip was a great idea though.. Then i got a "recall" letter from the company regarding accuracy.. lol

Looking at the videos of the Libre in action the faint blue icons on a white background don't seem to be that much of an improvement..? (Though in fareness camera interpretation when filming may have something to do with it?) Does anyone know how the screen fares on the move in direct sunlight??

Apart from standard "corrective vision" i have nothing else wrong with my eyes.. :watching:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have so many questions to ask about this product..

I have used a freestyle touchscreen "test strip" monitor a couple of years ago & gave up.. The black on dark grey LCD screen was appalling for starters. Even under indoor lighting.. I had to angle the screen 45degrees to get any clarity. The blue hue screen back light was useless..Could be down to the screen cover composition??
The light up test strip was a great idea though.. Then i got a "recall" letter from the company regarding accuracy.. lol

Looking at the videos of the Libre in action the faint blue icons on a white background don't seem to be that much of an improvement..? (Though in fareness camera interpretation when filming may have something to do with it?) Does anyone know how the screen fares on the move in direct sunlight??

Apart from standard "corrective vision" i have nothing else wrong with my eyes.. :watching:
The screen is bright enough - were you thinking of the Optium Neo? The brightness and touch-screen on that leave a lot to be desired.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
The screen is plenty bright and legible.