Just fed up to the back teeth!

S

Sharon Anne

Oh Hun you don't know what a releave it is to hear someone else say exactly how I feel.
I am considering having my hair cut short it's cut into a shoulder length feather cut at the moment but it's just so fine and it's so visible now .
I was told about ten years ago that I had suspected PCOs after bleeding heavy .
I pretty much bleed all the time and now this with my hair I just feel so unattractive .
Since being diagnosed I have lost 5 stone and people say how well I look but I feel ****, the bleeding has you know effects everything you do and to be honest the coil hasn't really made any difference.
I was born with a bone condition and I am also deaf so I guess I have never been that confident but this with my hair is a different ball game the thing is my Drs are just a waste of space when it comes to skiing them for help.
A few weeks ago I went to a women Dr and sat and cried I asked her if there was anything they could do about my hair because it was depressing me so much and she just said there is nothing we can do about it !! When I almost begged here she just said I am not here to advice you on your hair !!!
Honest that was her understanding responce.
To be honest my friend is a hairdresser and she said that I am so depressed about it she suggested I think about looking at some wigs she said that there are some amazing ones out there now and she thinks it may help my confidence because she said I am becoming more and more of a recluse.
I too had protein in my water but my kidneys are working fine so I wouldn't worry about what the first Dr said.
It's supposed to be a friends birthday meal tonight so I am thinking of having a glass or two of red wine I used to hate red wine but my nurse told me a couple of glasses can actually be beneficial .
Sorry for the poor me rant and please know that likewise I am here if you need a shoulder .Sharon xx

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do we?

I dont and never would and I doubt that the majority of members here do either just because a few the more vocal few members that presently post regularly do doesnt mean that "most of us do".

It may be correct to say that most members here follow some sort of reduced carb diet but to say that "we all follow a lchf diet is ridiculous, perhaps it would be wiser to speak for yourself and not assume what diet I and other members here eat.

120000 members and what a few hundred follow the lchf diet.

Your welcome, Sid Bonkers to your opinion, I would just rather be helping people, than been 'pinikety' over every single word that is said when trying to help some very frustrated, frightened and these people are looking for some sort of reassurance late at night. Why don't you ask the newbie whether she is concerned or disappointed in the way I portrayed the LCHF or how I messaged her.

This was 12.53am in the morning, work at 8am, were you about then checking my words or better still, were you about giving someone your wisdom.

I did use the word 'Tend' in my 'book' that says, some do, some don't, but there is a preference for.

Cheers Neil:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
For once, I agree with Sid. There are ~120000 registered members (though how many are "active" once you discount duplicates, banned, or just done a "Captain Oates") they will range from Ultra Low Carbers through to High Carbers.
what I hope we all do is follow & profess the diet that suits our own individual needs and that it works for them.
On the other hand Sid your censure of @daddys1 is a bit vociferous and a gentler refutation would be maybe more in keeping with the spirit we wish on the forum.

autoimmune chrissy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was prescribed statins,the side effects were bad,so I stopped taking them,started eating porridge n walking my dogs more,after 3 months my cholesterol was bk to normal

DannyMac

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi liverbird sorry your feeling down but we all know how you feel all had bad days you feel like a kid again it seems like your life's not your own anymore
every Med person you see tells you can't do this or gives you a list of things you have to give up I used to take grapefruit every morning this was the fist thing I was told to stop its important u get your head right have your rant and stick in there your doing great with the weight loss so hang in there girl Im new to this form but slowly finding out it helps maybe people with diabetes should form a rant day every 4 months now wouldn't that be load

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. This low carb diet is definitely the way forward. I am not so sure about the high fat, but a bit won't hurt you. Unfortunately , I have found that once you are feeling down and need a slice of bread or potato then I keep eating them for the rest of the day. If you cut them out then the need to eat them decreases. So I can understand the crisps and pitza and a new day is a new day. :) Also brilliant on losing weight well done (Perhaps you can give me pointers)

vintageutopia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Liverbird 1, welcome! I am new on this journey myself, but just know that you are not alone.