Unomedical product warning - infusion set tubing may detach

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got this Urgent Field Safety Notice in the post from Animas dated 5 Jan. I did a quick search in the forum but didn't see any mention of it.

Affects: Comfort, Comfort Short, Contact Detach
Tubing May Detach from the Connect/Disconnect Location

There is a long description and list of affected Lot numbers that I can't reproduce here. I will look for a link.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This just happened to me. A Contact Detach tube broke off from the spade connector.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
This just happened to me. A Contact Detach tube broke off from the spade connector.

Sounds worrying spiker, sorry to hear this, I'm not on a pump though.

Best wishes RRB

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I think this has happened twice to me in the last 15 yrs the tubing has come away and the socket to adapter link has snapped but that might have been on my part (brute force) putting it together. Because it's been so rare I've not really worried about it

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It happened overnight and I woke up at 15.6. I suppose this is why they are doing the product recall.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have also received a letter noting a similar problem with Medtronic Silhouettes and Sure Ts
It was actually dated November 2014 but I only received it from the prestataire (pump suppliers here in France) today.
The lot numbers includes slightly different numbers to the ones on the Canadian site. (they may be country specific) Like the Canadian notice, It is not a recall notice just one that you need to be aware of the potential problem and to inform my prestataire of any problems
edit I hadn't checked and my present batch is included in the list.(381)

MMT 862-866
MMT 873-6
MMT883-6
MMT 368, 371, 373,
MMT377, 378, 381-384
MMT 371 SB, 373 SB
MMT 377 and 378 SB
MMT 377XL and 378 XL
( I hope that's right!)
The back of the letter tells you to do much the same things as the Canadian one plus not to use a catheter if the packaging is damaged .

I did have this happen several months ago but I noticed and just dismissed it as ' one of those things'

Last edited by a moderator: