Bulletproof coffee -Daily Mail article

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
another case of u get what u pay for,,,lesson learned 4 me,,,buy cheep buy twice

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
100ml <> 100g ?
Yeah they're extremely similar. Cream is very slightly less dense than milk (hence it floats on top), however milk is very slightly more dense than water. The upshot is that both cream and water are very similar mass density, each about 100g per 100mL.

uart

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ian DP if your coconut oil doesn't taste or smell of coconuts then it's been refined and is less good for you than the more expensive organic virgin coconut oil

I totally agree with this. It might even be solvent extracted.

Personally I don't mind the coconut taste at all. I usually try to make its taste a feature if I use it in cooking. The slight coconut flavour is really delicious in curried sausages. :)

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
I use KTC 100% pure coconut oil in my coffee and cooking because it does not have the coconut taste. I like coconut, and have Virgin coconut oil in the cupboard, but simply don't like the taste or smell of the Virgin coconut in coffee or some types of cooking (eg. fried eggs). KTC is a british company that packs the oil in Britain.

My understanding is that pure coconut oil does not have so much of the very valued Lauric acid in it as Virgin, but it has more than MCT. Both MCT and Pure coconut oil are manufactured. If you look at the link which compares Coconut oil to MCT oil, the coconut oil is Pure coconut oil, not Virgin coconut oil. But without dobt the Virgin oil is better..... But you have to like the taste.

From what I can understand, all these oils are very good, so if you can find one that you like, eat that.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Love my freshly made coffee (using a cafeteria) with virgin coconut oil (same as nomistheman) and Kerrygold, actually like the slightly salted, mixing it well. Done this for breakfast more then 2 years.
And Kerrygold have almost no carbs.
Typical Value per 100g
Energy 2970kj / 720kcal
Protein 0.4g
Carbohydrate Trace
Fat 80g

Reactions: 4 people

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Interesting in a mag today!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1425133854.374165.jpg

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
It's preferable if you want to maximise the effectiveness of the beverage - I have experimented and found that using salted butter makes the beverage sustain me for less time - about an hour less.

The most important element is it being grass fed butter - for the vitamin K and increased CLA and omega 3s. Normal butter is OK at a push.
Fully agree on the last part. Some prefer unsalted other believe the salt bring out the flavours better. Important also have good quality coconut oil, opt for virgin and if you can't stand the taste try MCT oil. Cheaper once like KTC I use for oil pulling or topical but never in my BPC.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes, I was just about to bring up the grass-fed-vit K thing.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. ;)

Reactions: 2 people