Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

5.8 this morning

ON TOPIC/OFF TOPIC

Re the recent mods intervention/message I'd like to say to @AndBreathe firstly that I was happy for you to mention that you thought things were getting off topic; you often don't realise things until someone points them out and I know you wouldn't have posted the message to get mod intervention.

I'm sad that some of you felt you had to leave the tread because of the inadvertent derailment :sorry::sorry::sorry:- you should've said....I listen

I didn't reply last night after the mods comment directly to @Susikav and I because I was angry, not angry at people wanting the thread to stay on track, that's quite understandable, reasonable and acceptable but because the both of us had the finger pointed at us for being off topic when many others do too. Often going off topic is a drift on from WHY we didn't get the fasting figures we expected and continues from there

I also now want to thank all of those who supported the additional chat, thanks so much guys and gals

From now on I promise :angelic: to try not to put too much additional chat into this thread

Reactions: 14 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.8 this morning

ON TOPIC/OFF TOPIC

Re the recent mods intervention/message I'd like to say to @AndBreathe firstly that I was happy for you to mention that you thought things were getting off topic; you often don't realise things until someone points them out and I know you wouldn't have posted the message to get mod intervention.

I'm sad that some of you felt you had to leave the tread because of the inadvertent derailment :sorry::sorry::sorry:- you should've said....I listen

I didn't reply last night after the mods comment directly to @Susikav and I because I was angry, not angry at people wanting the thread to stay on track, that's quite understandable, reasonable and acceptable but because the both of us had the finger pointed at us for being off topic when many others do too. Often going off topic is a drift on from WHY we didn't get the fasting figures we expected and continues from there

I also now want to thank all of those who supported the additional chat, thanks so much guys and gals

From now on I promise :angelic: to try not to put too much additional chat into this thread
... the same... :oops:

Reactions: 12 people
S

Sable_Jan

My mum used to tell us kids no cheese for supper or you'll have wild horses dancing on your chests ::))
We weren't allowed cheese at bedtime either...... it can affect fasting bs though having the cheese with the fat and protein at bedtime can't it?

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Darn those socks! I forgot! Again!
When I did remember, after a cuppa tea........
It was 5.7 which I'm happy with :)
Went down to 4.2 before brekkie, because, I forgot to feed myself until 11.30:banghead:
Sunny and cold down here at the moment
o_O
Grey and dismal here - enough to make you want to eat stuff that will spike the bs :(

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We weren't allowed cheese at bedtime either...... it can affect fasting bs though having the cheese with the fat and protein at bedtime can't it?

It possibly does notch it up a tad but I only have a 12g portion to cover my half an apple and not every day. Ideally I wouldn't eat without doing anything afterwards but bedtime is my unwind time and I think once overall control is gained then you need to allow yourself to breathe slightly again sometimes. It's not even a marathon but a forever race so it has to be sustainable.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

It possibly does notch it up a tad but I only have a 12g portion to cover my half an apple and not every day. Ideally I wouldn't eat without doing anything afterwards but bedtime is my unwind time and I think once overall control is gained then you need to allow yourself to breathe slightly again sometimes. It's not even a marathon but a forever race so it has to be sustainable.
I can control chocolate to a couple of squares or a few buttons but cheese.......I have to much of it.......well it doesn't seem like too much at the time

I just recall someone mentioned that fat and protein at bedtime had inched up their figures - as you rightly say we do need to cut ourselves some slack now and again

Reactions: 2 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been a bit lax on here this week but have been testing as usual.all my fasting bs this week have been high 4s low 5s, been working long hrs and am also packing up to move house in 10 days time. Another late finish tonight and was so hungry I had a sandwich at work to keep me going at 6.00pm. 4 hrs later my bs is still 6.7, although not as bad as other breads I have tried. It should be back to normal in the morning.

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been a bit lax on here this week but have been testing as usual.all my fasting bs this week have been high 4s low 5s, been working long hrs and am also packing up to move house in 10 days time. Another late finish tonight and was so hungry I had a sandwich at work to keep me going at 6.00pm. 4 hrs later my bs is still 6.7, although not as bad as other breads I have tried. It should be back to normal in the morning.
Good luck with the move. Don't work too hard and make your self ill

Reactions: 4 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with the move. Don't work too hard and make your self ill
Thanks loulou, trying not to let the management kill me off, but not sure whose winning at the moment, don't think its me though. Getting excited with the move now :D

Reactions: 4 people

jnhutton

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
pre-breakfast readings around 9 at the moment, Hba1c 8.8 at last blood test. Just started on insulin.

Reactions: 9 people

s_k_s

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Summary for Thurs 5th March

M - T - W - T - F - S - S

Ally1 – 11.0 – 14.1 – 14.1 –13.9 -

Bluetit1802 – 5.6 – 5.1 – 5.1 –5.3 -

Brettsza – 5.5 – 6.0 – 5.4 –6.2 -

Clivethedrive – x - 6.0 – 5.2 – 5.6 -

Coldethyl – 5.9 – 6.4 – 6.6 – 6.0 -

daddys1 – x – x – 5.6 – x -

Dibbles1 – 5.5 – 6.0 – 4.8 –5.7 -

Eddie1968 – x – 7.7 – x –x -

georgianakate – x – x – x – 6.0 -

Jackthelad – 5.6 – x – x –x -

JohnD54 – 4.7 – 5.8 – 6.0 - 5.0

jnhutton – x – x – x – 9 -

Kezzer4321 – 8.0 – 6.7 – 6.6 – 6.6 -

Killerkaz – 5.0 – x – x –x -

Kimbo1962 – 5.7 – 5.5 – 5.7 – 5.8 -

Lexa_x – 10.3 – x – x –x -

Lorraine deer – 6.0 – 7.2 – 7.0 - 5.8

Loulou99782 – 6.5 – 7.5 – 8.5 –7.2 -

Mandingo – 4.8 – 5.3 – 4.6 – 5.3 -

Mbabbasi – 6.5 – x – x –x -

Mehh2015 – x - 5.1 – 5.2 –x -

MikeD - ? – 5.0 – 5.2 –x -

Millysue – 7.7 – x - x –x -

Muggle71 – In the 6’s – 6.3 - x – x -

Pasha – 4.67 – 4.67 – 4.72 – 4.44 -

Patricia21 – 6.5 – x – x - x

PatsyB – 7.7 – x – 7.5 – 5.9

Pavlovsdog – 6.5 – x – x– 5.6 -

Phil1966 – <5 – 4.8 – x –4.7 -

Poshtotty – 7.0 – 6.9 – x – x -

Robbity – 5.9 – 5.9 – 6.2 – 5.9

Sable_Jan – 5.2 – 5.4 – 5.3 – 5.8 -

Sanguine – 5.6 – 5.8 – 5.7 – 5.6 -

Silver Hammer – 5.1 – 5.2 – 4.8 –4.6 -

Sjm1966 – 4.7 – x – x –x -

S_k_s - 4.3 – 5.2 – 4.6 –4.5 -

Susikav – 4.8 – 5.8 – 5.6 – 6.0 -

Vit90 – 5.5 – 5.9 – 5.2 –5.4 -

Weefergus – 7.2 – 7.0 – 6.5 - 6.1

Useful to see the daily trend. If there was a star of the day award I would give it to Lorraine deer & Loulou99782 :)

Reactions: 13 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Dunno....
Can't be bothered to get off my bum right now to get my meter as I am tired but it was in the seven's mmol/l.
Yawn.

Reactions: 6 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Regarding some of the moderator interventions on this thread, I think the action taken is a bit extreme. Show me one thread on this forum that has not gone astray and got back on track without the Big Brother intervention tactics used quite a lot now on the forum with the all encapsulating "Thread Derailment" violation which is sometimes counter-productive and inflames petty issues that will resolve themselves and only cause anger amongst dedicated people on the forum. This will only be negative to diabetes.co.uk as well established members will leave and I have thought of doing so a few times. No doubt I will get a "Thread Derailment" warning for this post. Oh found meter now it was 7.2 mmol at 7.15 am.

Reactions: 16 people
Status
Not open for further replies.