Does your pump have a name?

victry77

Have you christened your pump with it's own name?

The consultant that I saw last December, who finalised the go-ahead for approval for my pump, turned to me and very earnestly asked if I had considered giving my pump a name? It did make me giggle, more so because I had :happy: He said the patient he had seen just before me had called her pump Pedro :D

So anyway, my pump will be named Sir Humphrey and I will like to think of him as my alternative life partner ;)

Anyone else?

Reactions: 10 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not yet, I'll have to think of one.................

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Never thought of that I just call it my pump when I talk about it I'll have to think on that one :-D

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
My first pump was cozimodoh as it was a Cozmo pump. The pump I have now is the Vibe and called PP (pocket pancreas)

Reactions: 3 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Mine's always been knows as Pete (the pump). When I get my replacement Medtronic in 5 months time he will be called Petejunior

Reactions: 2 people

Poppy2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you christened your pump with it's own name?

The consultant that I saw last December, who finalised the go-ahead for approval for my pump, turned to me and very earnestly asked if I had considered giving my pump a name? It did make me giggle, more so because I had :happy: He said the patient he had seen just before me had called her pump Pedro :D

So anyway, my pump will be named Sir Humphrey and I will like to think of him as my alternative life partner ;)

Anyone else?
Yes my pump has a name ! It's BORIS! I asked my children to name it as thought it would make it easier for them to associate to it if it had a name xx

Reactions: 4 people

Trace D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hadn't but my 8 yr old daughter always calls it Penny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerpot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine doesn't have a name when it's behaving. When it alarms at 3 am or I accidentally catch the tubing around the door handle it has a special name, you *******.

Reactions: 12 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Mine doesn't have a name when it's behaving. When it alarms at 3 am or I accidentally catch the tubing around the door handle it has a special name, you *******.
Yeh those bloody door handles !!!!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not yet, the last one was Cedric (the Cellnovo)

I'll have to think of one for this pump.

iHs

I dont love pumping that much that I would feel so attached to it to give it a name. I wish I didnt need one at times as like Flower when the settings are correct with the infusion set being used on the body, they keep bg levels ok but when things go to pot, then they can cause loads of problems.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I dont love pumping that much that I would feel so attached to it to give it a name. I wish I didnt need one at times as like Flower when the settings are correct with the infusion set being used on the body, they keep bg levels ok but when things go to pot, then they can cause loads of problems.
then you could have two names for it Jekyll :angelic: and Hyde :banghead: for example

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think I'll call mine Spock

mostly logical, but sometimes infuriating

Reactions: 8 people

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think I'll call mine Spock

mostly logical, but sometimes infuriating
If I called mine Spock my son would want it, my son is fasinated by him