Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Received my"everything is all right" letter yesterday from my eye screening on Monday, I did say they were very efficient at the hospital - but that really is quick!

Maxwell

Reactions: 13 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 this morning.

Worked long hours at the beginning of the week so today I'll finish at lunchtime :)

Reactions: 14 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 this morning - after three attempts thanks to my Codefree randomly switching off mid tests! I only put a new battery in three weeks ago (duracell too :confused:)

Reactions: 14 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning so the run is now 12 consecutive days below 5. Hope I can keep it going :)

Reactions: 23 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 after tea and Burgen toast for breakfast, only 2 mins after, don't know where my mind was not testing before as I usually do, it must be a TGIF moment or senility creeping up on me.

Oh well oft to work I jolly well go.

Have a great one all.

Reactions: 15 people

brettsza

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 before dinner
5.9 after 1 hour
5.5 after 2 hours
5.6 fasting
Stayed 5's all day yesterday.

Reactions: 18 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.1 after tea and Burgen toast for breakfast, only 2 mins after, don't know where my mind was not testing before as I usually do, it must be a TGIF moment or senility creeping up on me.

Oh well oft to work I jolly well go.

Have a great one all.
Would a couple of minutes make a difference to your result? Does it really react that fast?

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Would a couple of minutes make a difference to your result? Does it really react that fast?
I really don't know the answer to that one, in the same way some people literally take their fasting figures on waking. I have always taken mine after getting ready for work, shower, shave dressing etc but before breakfast.

As with most things regarding D we all have our routines and with testing I think consistency in testing is the important thing to keep an eye on trends.

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reactions: 2 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.7 this morning. Quite disappointing really as I was 5.6 before bed and 7.5 was my highest reading all day yesterday. I'll take some comfort in the fact that my first 14 days fasting average was 7,.5 and my second 14 fasting average was 7.4 and I'm currently on track for a 6.7 average over the first 14 days in March.

Reactions: 13 people
C

catherinecherub

Regarding some of the moderator interventions on this thread, I think the action taken is a bit extreme. Show me one thread on this forum that has not gone astray and got back on track without the Big Brother intervention tactics used quite a lot now on the forum with the all encapsulating "Thread Derailment" violation which is sometimes counter-productive and inflames petty issues that will resolve themselves and only cause anger amongst dedicated people on the forum. This will only be negative to diabetes.co.uk as well established members will leave and I have thought of doing so a few times. No doubt I will get a "Thread Derailment" warning for this post. Oh found meter now it was 7.2 mmol at 7.15 am.

I think your anger is being misdirected @eddie1968.

Forum members have reported individual posts on here as thread derailment and the Mod intervention was far from extreme. If Mods had used extreme intervention then posts would have been deleted and warnings issued. Members were asked to stay on track.

It's a no win situation as some members are unhappy with the thread derailments and others think it should be allowed to continue even though it is against forum rules.

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.