What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning - 1 hour after getting up but before breakfast. (Am on a Newcastle style low energy diet) after 5.6 last night two hours after supper.

zbd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
22 this morning.
I am on max gliclazide, metformin, and sitagliptin. I'm 69 going on 90, permanently tired, thirsty, spending a lot of time time in the toilet and with thrush but the good news is that I'm starting on insulin tomorrow and hoping for improvement

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
22 this morning.
I am on max gliclazide, metformin, and sitagliptin. I'm 69 going on 90, permanently tired, thirsty, spending a lot of time time in the toilet and with thrush but the good news is that I'm starting on insulin tomorrow and hoping for improvement
Hello Zbd, you'll see a great improvement with the insulin .
How's your diet ?

zbd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Zbd, you'll see a great improvement with the insulin .
How's your diet ?
17.2 this morning, had my first insulin yesterday so an improvement already, but I realise it will take some time to perfect.
Feeling better already

Reactions: 2 people

georgianakate

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 6 when I woke up at 5:30am, and also 6 two hours after breakfast (bacon) just now, following a quick 10-15 minute walk to the office from the station (including climbing 100 stairs - urgh!), so quite pleased (although I would like it to be 5.x). Only day 8 of officially being diabetic and less than 24 hours since I started testing BG though.

Reactions: 2 people

Trace D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was 5.3 today I've mostly had good readings all this week so I'm happy, I think joining this site might have been one of the best things I've done in a while.

Reactions: 4 people

zbd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Friday, 13.2 today, early days yet:(

Last edited by a moderator:

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning...

But it has been around 8 or more (I've ditched the evening fruit and yogurt snack and just have the yogurt now!)