Some do - Some don't

G

graj0

There was a brief discussion on another thread about who low carbs and who doesn't. I personally have benefited by lowering my carb intake, I'm not perfect and there are some days when . . . . . . . I'll be the first to acknowledge that not everyone does the same thing. In my case I was able to ditch Gliclazide, Januvia and Atorvastatin and lost 4 1/2 stone (work in progress), but I know that's not for everyone.
There might be 120,000 members, but I reckon there's maybe only a hundred who post regularly, I have no way of telling. My question is "how many carbs do you eat daily".
For me, it's 80gms. How about everyone else?

Reactions: 2 people

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
For me it's around 150/day but I'm on insulin so can match it as needed

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am on 80 - 90g but even with an 11st weight loss and great control of last few Ac1 in the high 5s I haven't been able to completely ditch the meds although I have got down from a very short time on insulin then max dose gliclizide to what I am today. I did try going extreme low carb but made my diverticulitis much worse and my numbers crept up to what I considered unacceptable levels so seems I need a little help

In the 90g I do eat most carbs including potatoes bread rice porridge but in varying portion sizes. My lifestyle isn't LCHF I eat to my meter

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My average is 170-180g a day, I'm a type 1.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on 30g a day, tho it sometimes goes up to 40.

I had a 50g supper three weeks ago and it threw me out for weeks.

I'm a late-onset Type 1, LADA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Depends, but on average 80 to 120, type 1. But try to keep it under 100 ( when writing it down it does seem a lot) :oops:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I average 50g a day over a week. If there weren't any weekends it would be less. ;) It works for me and keeps my BS under control. All my excess weight has gone and I am now a very slim lady. OK perhaps not a lady.

Type 2, no meds at all.

Reactions: 6 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Type 2, diet and exercise, no meds for diabetes

I eat anywhere from 10g to 50g on a normal day. usually 20-30g. Grain free.

If I eat over 80g it makes me feel ill.

The carb cravings start at around 40g

Reactions: 4 people

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
We eat around 30 to 50g, usually less, rather than more. No diabetes meds. It turned our lives round.
Sally

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm.weird, as small as possible, no more than 50g a day.

I have lost loads of weight, never felt better, all life signs are very good for my age.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
150g (ish) most days. Occasionally higher if we eat out.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For most of the time it has been 50-80g. My BG's are fine at that level. I am trying to drop to 30g now to try to lose weight. I'm not doing that well at it at the moment, but I will get there eventually

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
For most of the time it has been 50-80g. My BG's are fine at that level. I am trying to drop to 30g now to try to lose weight. I'm not doing that well at it at the moment, but I will get there eventually

It's just a blip, a blip :oops:

RRB

al_leister

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Greedy Humans.....greedy animals I don't mind. I do like meat and fish but choose not to eat it!
Breakfast = 14g
Tea break = 25g
Lunch = 25g
Dinner = 30-55g
Supper = 15
Maximum carbs per day is 135g.
This is a lifestyle so doesn’t change, even if on holiday.

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The carb cravings start at around 40g

Ditto. I realise this is what I've been suffering from all week, ever since a friend gave me some Nellie Dellie stevia chocolate (35g carb per bar). It was lovely; but ever since then, my mind's been turning round and wondering, Hmm what about that then? as I pass the chocolate stand in the supermarket.

Better for me not to.

Reactions: 3 people
G

graj0

Interesting replies so far thanks. I tried to find an RDA and after 15 minutes of googling the only place I found a recommended daily amount in grams was The Healthy Living Portal for Neath (&) Port Talbot (I'm assuming "and" because they're two different towns) and they say 300 gms per day. All the other places I looked it said 1/3 to 1/2 of total calories. So, some interesting replies so far.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to be honest and say that I'm not really sure many I eat a day. When I'm at work I generally have hot oat cereals with oat bran and milked flax seed for breakfast and either a sandwich from 2 slices of seed sensations bread or a bowl of salad with cheese or ham and a Greek yoghurt with blueberries. I still eat potatoes, albeit less than I used to, and vegetables. Weekends are the higher carb days for me though when I may indulge in a cream cake - well the cream is low carb!!! However I'm still losing weight and both my BS and cholesterol levels are OK so I'm not too concerned.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't actively count carbs, but try to keep them low my body tells me when I've had to many as I just want to sleep!