Are you a person of faith?

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi Folks
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. My apologies to moderator if it needs to be moved.

I'm wondering if any members are Christians. I'm feeling the need to explore this in my life & would like to "chat" with others who could help me with this. I'm not a church goer, or what you could perceive to be very religious. But I am a believer and recognise the importance of faith, whatever an individual's faith/religion may be. I welcome all replies. Thanks

Ali. X

Reactions: 7 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Hi Alison
Have you thought about going to a meeting/service at any of your local churches ? See where you feel most comfortable and take it from there. You are obviously receiving a "prompt" of some sort and I always feel that these are best investigated else a series of "what ifs" could arise.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi Folks
I hope I'm posting this in the right forum. My apologies to moderator if it needs to be moved.

I'm wondering if any members are Christians. I'm feeling the need to explore this in my life & would like to "chat" with others who could help me with this. I'm not a church goer, or what you could perceive to be very religious. But I am a believer and recognise the importance of faith, whatever an individual's faith/religion may be. I welcome all replies. Thanks

Ali. X

Hi, Ali, I feel the same as you really. Not a big religious person, but in a certain time in my life, which was very traumatic, scarey and so damaging to me, my lovely friend and neighbour who was in the Salvation army, wrote a verse for me on a card and even though I thought someone 'up there' wasn't there for me, reading her beautiful ,thoughtful and kind verse, helped me tremendously and I will never forget her ( she died a few years ago) and I keep her card in my bedside cabinet.
Sometimes, we just have to reach out for something.

Best wishes Ali,

RRB

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have faith In myself.
I am not religious.
I don't believe in religion.
Religion has never helped me or my family.
The more confidence you have in yourself the more belief you have in yourself.

Religion is causing more Innocent people to be killed in the name of religion wether it be Christian, Hindu, Islam or capitalism, communism or democracy.

Sorry, but the only thing religion wants off you is devotion and your money.
There isn't a poor religion!

Reactions: 8 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am an atheist, but can also understand why others choose to be believers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I am an athiest, but can also understand why others choose to be believers.
That reminds me of the atheist who was also an insomniac,and dyslexic,lay awake night after night wondering if there was a dog.

Reactions: 8 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I have faith In myself.
I am not religious.

Religion is causing more Innocent people to be killed in the name of religion wether it be Christian, Hindu, Islam or capitalism, communism or democracy.

I believe that there is a difference between religion and having a personal faith. I would agree that a great deal of wrong has been done in the name of religion, but perhaps not so much with a persons individual expression of faith.

Reactions: 16 people

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have faith In myself.
I am not religious.

I totally agree with everything world you said there,
I feel people that follow a cult/religion only do so cause they either have no confidence & faith in themselves or they hold great guilt about something & are looking to seek forgiveness that will only come from them doing what they have to do put things right, in whatever way they can.
Sorry no offence to anybody, that is just my opinion.
If you are unable to love yourself for which you are there is now way you could love any one or things.

Reactions: 5 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't follow any organised region, but after 40 ish years of not knowing where I was going I choose to follow paganism, it fills a need in my life.
Jan
I have to say though to me it is a very spiritual faith

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't follow any organised region, but after 40 ish years of not knowing where I was going I choose to follow paganism, it fills a need in my life.
Jan
I have to say though to me it is a very spiritual faith
Paganism is more about the power within. I believe.

Reactions: 4 people

Janiept

Expert
I have always had mixed feelings about religion but I think faith is a different thing. We need faith in our every day lives, faith in ourselves, our family and friends, our future, the coming generations. I do not believe their is one person looking after the world and it's inhabitants but I do believe their is more than this life.
When my Husband became ill, I was scared, and wondered what life held for me. It's too long a story to put here but suffice it to say that over the last week of his life everything changed. On the day itself everything was calm, it felt like a jigsaw puzzle had been completed, it felt like something had taken the weight, like I was being carried. There was no fear and the happenings of that last month suddenly made sense.That 'something' has been with me ever since, so although I don't have a religion, I do have faith that my future will be ok. It's difficult to explain
That was so moving @poohtiggy and thank you for sharing it here.

Reactions: 6 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am agnostic.

I believe the C of E offers something called the Alpha Course: I'm told that a lot of people have found it helpful, though I believe it's a bit hands-in-the-air-happy-clappy. To sound a note of caution: although many people speak highly of it, I've also heard it suggested that it works through indoctrination - but I suppose all religions do...........

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I have always had mixed feelings about religion but I think faith is a different thing. We need faith in our every day lives, faith in ourselves, our family and friends, our future, the coming generations. I do not believe their is one person looking after the world and it's inhabitants but I do believe their is more than this life.
When my Husband became ill, I was scared, and wondered what life held for me. It's too long a story to put here but suffice it to say that over the last week of his life everything changed. On the day itself everything was calm, it felt like a jigsaw puzzle had been completed, it felt like something had taken the weight, like I was being carried. There was no fear and the happenings of that last month suddenly made sense.That 'something' has been with me ever since, so although I don't have a religion, I do have faith that my future will be ok. It's difficult to explain
I have written my third blog with a similar theme. I love anything like what you have described.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my thread. My question appears to show what a diverse bunch we all are. I think a healthy respect for each other's point of view and opinion is necessary...whatever that point of view is. I will continue to pursue my faith in my own way & will never judge those with a completely different mindset to me.
Ali. X

Reactions: 9 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am agnostic.

I believe the C of E offers something called the Alpha Course: I'm told that a lot of people have found it helpful, though I believe it's a bit hands-in-the-air-happy-clappy. To sound a note of caution: although many people speak highly of it, I've also heard it suggested that it works through indoctrination - but I suppose all religions do...........

A mortal leader of a nation founded the church of England, because he couldn't get any of his wives to conceive an heir. and in succession our present monarch is head, not only of the religion but of millions of people, who seemingly worship in her name.

Doesn't that sound preposterous in that context.
Because of the succession process our next religious leader is the Prince of Wales!!

moonchip

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a Church of England Christian. I cannot regularly attend church services as I'm a shift worker but I do believe & am happy to chat with others about my faith, theirs or whatever belief they hold, if any.