"New Posts" have disappeared again - "Recent Posts" only back again

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought this had all reverted to the original system that we were all happy with? Now viewing the forums for the first time today, it's back to "Recent Posts" again.

I couldn't see any other threads about the issue. Am I the only one having the problem?

Tagging @Giverny

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Yep for me, its gone back to Recent posts and you have to select New Posts THEN!
Also, the problem with my D type being locked on Type 1 has still not been resolved!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I'm type 1 and on diet alone, so I must be cured then ( I do keep changing it back to Insulin).

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep for me, its gone back to Recent posts and you have to select New Posts THEN!
Also, the problem with my D type being locked on Type 1 has still not been resolved!
Over and over again - instead of just one click on New Posts. I'm just not going to go through that when the original way worked perfectly for me. Having read posts disappear from the refreshed list each time made life so much easier than this cumbersome way of doing things.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Over and over again - instead of just one click on New Posts. I'm just not going to go through that when the original way worked perfectly for me. Having read posts disappear from the refreshed list each time made life so much easier than this cumbersome way of doing things.
Oh for the good old days when recent posts and new posts were both on the select bar :)

Reactions: 4 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definite proof that, nowadays, nostalgia ain't what it used to be;)
Amen to that! I just don't get the need to tinker and change when it seems everyone was perfectly happy with the old way of doing it, especially when it adds keystrokes and page loads for no reason whatsoever.

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Amen to that! I just don't get the need to tinker and change when it seems everyone was perfectly happy with the old way of doing it, especially when it adds keystrokes and page loads for no reason whatsoever.

Seconded

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

To be completely honest, I had concluded there had been so many post and thread deletions over a couple of recent days that might have resulted in a roll back (deliberate or inadvertantly) to the previous core forum software, but now you mention some of the other changes, which were not present before, that seems unlikely.

I think "Recent Posts" is a much more accurate heading anyway.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am pleased about it. I always did use "recent posts" because they all appear instantly, including ones I had recently replied to. I don't like "new posts" at all, so it suits me.