1 Doctor Says Lose Weight and 1 says gain it?

Book

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thoughts Please: I weight 230 lbs, type 2 diabetes, on glyBURIDE to control blood sugars. Last midwives and military doctors said it was a good idea for me to lose weight while pregnant. (not hard when pregnant because I always end up sick and with few foods I feel like I can eat) I did lose weight with my last baby and she is just perfect. This new high risk OB though doesn't want me to lose weight. I have been listening to my body and trying to avoid being sick, and so I do not eating a ton. Doctor says if I don't eat all day long, (Every 2 hours) baby isn't eating. Old doctor and midwives sworn baby would take from my body what it needs no matter what I eat. High risk OB says if I am not eating, baby is not eating. Which is it? I hate forcing myself to eat.... but clearly will do what ever is needed to help baby be healthy. I am just so flipping confused.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've always been told that pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. However, the amount of weight you should gain if you're overweight is less than what is recommended for women who are normal weight or underweight.

Check out the chart here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prenatal_nutrition#Overweight_and_Obese_Women

Bear in mind that while you may increase in weight according to the scales, some of that weight gain will be baby related whereas your body may actually have lost a little weight, if that makes sense.

I'm not overweight, but if it was me I'd eat frequently but choose healthy options. I'd eat plenty of fruit, veg and protein, watch the fat and try to cut out pretty much all junk food. That way baby will be well-nourished and your body won't put on excess weight.