Weight Loss over the moon. I am Proud of Myself

SandyXrssy27

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I know this may not sound that Good. But I am so Proud of myself. and so is my Husband he loved me for me not my weight etc.,
In 2008 I was 30 Stone Yes I was. I know how bad was that. By 2009 I was Diabetic type 2. Since then I went onto Low Carb diet and little gentle exercise. My Progress.... 2009 was Diet alone no pills etc. I got down to 29.8 and half stone.... 2010 I was put onto 1000mg Slow release Metformin and still low carb diet and exercise and down to 29 stone... Then 2011 things went wrong fell off Bandwagon eat wrong foods etc. And went back to 30 stone... 2012 I was now on 2000mg daily of Metformin daily. and On Low carb diet and exercise Down to 28 stone. 2013 2000mg Metformin Daily and weight loss down to 26 and half stone... 2014 200mg of Metformin 1.2mg Victoza Injection... Down to 25 and half stone Low Carb and exercise... 2015 Feb 12th 200mg Metformin 1.8mg Victoza daily and down to 24 stone :) 25th Feb 2015 Diabetic clinic No Pulse in feet... 2000mg Metformin and 1.8mg Victoza weight 23 stone so in 7 years I have lost 7 stones this means 1 stone a year. Not perfect but so much better. I hope next weigh in I will have lost more. Not perfect But I feel proud can finally get rid of the Tents as I call them the clothes that drown me....

Reactions: 12 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7 stones is a lot of sacks of potatoes. Well done. You will feel so much better and have more energy. Keep it up and congratulations!

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:happy: That's Fantastic!! Well Done!! Keep it up. Good luck!!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7st is a massive effort and I know how hard it was for me to drop 13kg/2st. well done :)

what are they doing about the foot pulse, have you been referred to vascular?
I found carbs almost addictive and had to go cold turkey with the LCHF diet, it’s a long page and a few good video http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
For me, the more carbs I ate the more carbs I want. they don’t give up easy
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarb101/a/firstweek.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is quite some achievement - you're right to be proud of yourself.

Robbity

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Wow thats a very happy result for you , keep us posted happy

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Well done keep going! :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, I weight just over 7st, so you lost almost a whole ME.

(Plenty people would be happy to lose me in a different context too. ;))

Reactions: 4 people

sharron59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
None really except people who think they are somebody or better than you when they arent
I know this may not sound that Good. But I am so Proud of myself. and so is my Husband he loved me for me not my weight etc.,
In 2008 I was 30 Stone Yes I was. I know how bad was that. By 2009 I was Diabetic type 2. Since then I went onto Low Carb diet and little gentle exercise. My Progress.... 2009 was Diet alone no pills etc. I got down to 29.8 and half stone.... 2010 I was put onto 1000mg Slow release Metformin and still low carb diet and exercise and down to 29 stone... Then 2011 things went wrong fell off Bandwagon eat wrong foods etc. And went back to 30 stone... 2012 I was now on 2000mg daily of Metformin daily. and On Low carb diet and exercise Down to 28 stone. 2013 2000mg Metformin Daily and weight loss down to 26 and half stone... 2014 200mg of Metformin 1.2mg Victoza Injection... Down to 25 and half stone Low Carb and exercise... 2015 Feb 12th 200mg Metformin 1.8mg Victoza daily and down to 24 stone :) 25th Feb 2015 Diabetic clinic No Pulse in feet... 2000mg Metformin and 1.8mg Victoza weight 23 stone so in 7 years I have lost 7 stones this means 1 stone a year. Not perfect but so much better. I hope next weigh in I will have lost more. Not perfect But I feel proud can finally get rid of the Tents as I call them the clothes that drown me....

Hi, well done in your achievement. Like you I have a fair amount of weight to lose, although I havent put any on since October on my last Diabetic check up by practice nurse I havent lost any either at 24 stone. At the beginning of last year I was 21.5 stone but after being admitted to hospital for Cellulitis in my leg and remaining there for 2 weeks, they also found a heart problem with eratic pulse. Introduced onto Warfarin and with all my other medication these brought on more weight :( The fact that I was rather ignorant on not eating regular meals didnt help. I have severe Arthritis in both knees so exercise throughout this time is virtually none existent. Having been Diabetic Type 2 for around 3 years my finger prick readings have always been around 7 whilst on Metformin SR.2 in the evening. Warfarin started pushing it up to around 10 to 13 so introduced another Metformin in the morning. Been on a local programme taking readings two to three times a day and has hardly come down from between 10 and 13 for the past six weeks so GP on Monday introduced an other Metformin so 2 in morning and 2 in the evening and a suggestion of Victoza which I had never heard of nor do I know anybody on it. My chemist were only able to get hold of the 'injection pens' yesterday so off I went to Practice Nurse to show me how to inject. First 0.6 jab yesterday and go back next thursday when increased up to 1.2. I hope I will be as successful as you have been Sandy on this. What worries me is all this talk of Hypo's as never had one and unsure what to expect. Thank you for your item which has given me a little more encouragement. Going to read up on the low carb diet also as nobody has seen fit to suggest that either.

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, well done in your achievement. Like you I have a fair amount of weight to lose, although I havent put any on since October on my last Diabetic check up by practice nurse I havent lost any either at 24 stone. At the beginning of last year I was 21.5 stone but after being admitted to hospital for Cellulitis in my leg and remaining there for 2 weeks, they also found a heart problem with eratic pulse. Introduced onto Warfarin and with all my other medication these brought on more weight :( The fact that I was rather ignorant on not eating regular meals didnt help. I have severe Arthritis in both knees so exercise throughout this time is virtually none existent. Having been Diabetic Type 2 for around 3 years my finger prick readings have always been around 7 whilst on Metformin SR.2 in the evening. Warfarin started pushing it up to around 10 to 13 so introduced another Metformin in the morning. Been on a local programme taking readings two to three times a day and has hardly come down from between 10 and 13 for the past six weeks so GP on Monday introduced an other Metformin so 2 in morning and 2 in the evening and a suggestion of Victoza which I had never heard of nor do I know anybody on it. My chemist were only able to get hold of the 'injection pens' yesterday so off I went to Practice Nurse to show me how to inject. First 0.6 jab yesterday and go back next thursday when increased up to 1.2. I hope I will be as successful as you have been Sandy on this. What worries me is all this talk of Hypo's as never had one and unsure what to expect. Thank you for your item which has given me a little more encouragement. Going to read up on the low carb diet also as nobody has seen fit to suggest that either.
Your Arthritis can also improve on LCHF www.dietdoctor.com/lchf