DLA

amber128

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Disloyalty
As someone on a pension and having to work part time to just survive, I resent the fact that somebody who is wealthy or multi nationals, would rather pay a tax adviser to try and avoid paying the right amount of tax and getting away with millions because they bank in a tax haven or 'reside' elsewhere.
If they closed this type of loophole in the favoured for the rich tax system,we would all pay a lot less tax and we would all be able to afford more for the less fortunate.

The fact that even a part time minimum wage job, I'm still paying tax and national insurance. It beggars belief. I'm also paying tax on my pension which I have already been taxed on when contributing.

If the benefit system favoured claimants as does the tax system. Then my wife could claim on her own stamp, but she can't because of my pension. Tax is individual, though there is a married allowance.
My wife is disabled and before having to give up work, always worked.
Myself, I have never had a day on the dole in my life. Very rare in Merseyside.
We have never claimed for anything. We only received family allowance.

We've asked for help, We tried to claim, been told my pension is £5 per week above the limit for claiming.
Been to court, won the case, and still got nowt!

My housing and power living costs come to two thirds of my pension.

There are thousands, like us, stuck without money, a living nightmare, paying off one against the other.
I want to work, I love my job,, but why should I have to work at my age? That's what my pension was for wasn't it? Wish I didn't get one, I would be better off without one. That's a joke!

This country is so **** about face the way it treats its own people (or subjects).

Fair Britain, great Britain, only if you can afford it!
I agree with all you say. My husband and I worked full time for 38 years then fell on had times and m health deterioted. I knew I wasn't able to work, but benefits didn't agree. I had a small pension so we ended up with £65 p/w between us. Fine reward For paying our taxes for all those years.

Reactions: 6 people

Tracey167

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I agree that disabled people should not have to suffer with all this PIP and mobility cars/scooters being taken away, but there are people out there unfortunatley who fake there mobility and ruin it for the people who really need it. I see on the TV a man got mobility for having a bad finger how on earth does that effect him walking its ridiculious, then the people who are housebound or confined to a wheelchair have to send in so much evidence with there claim or even go as far has having to appeal a decision.

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
I personally know three people who get DLA, all three are shamming & know how to work the system, an absolute disgrace.

Before anyone says report them, I have, but nothing gets done.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I personally know three people who get DLA, all three are shamming & know how to work the system, an absolute disgrace.

So how do you know they are shamming, do you have details of their medical records?

Reactions: 2 people

catfan

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Too many to list.
So how do you know they are shamming, do you have details of their medical records?
Because hey are family members (shame) who have told me so & openly brag about their claim.

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

I know the DWP get an awful lot of reports of fraud and but they are having to lose so many staff because of all the cuts they cannot investigate everything as they would like to. I don't know how they decide which ones to follow up etc but there's a chance your family are moving to the top of the list and may get 'caught' soon, please don't let this deter anyone from reporting the cheats - they are taking money that should be going to people that genuinely need it. Well done on reporting them @catfan x

@ally1 I would recommend trying to see someone at citizens advice - they were a real help when I applied for DLA. Best of luck x

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
How do you suggest we pay for it? Bearing in mind there's no money!
If there was a "dislike" button I would press it for that comment.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Money is
Disliking it isn't going to make the money magically appear is it??
Money is spent on worse stuff than helping vulnerable people out. Take a look in HM Treasury's budget and you would be shocked on the wastage. Paying disabled people and their carer's saves the NHS a lot of money so it is actually saving the humble PAYE taxpayers' money. The missing money we don't have in your opinion could easily be got by tightening up the Tax Code and putting these accountants whose sole job is avoiding taxes with loopholes out of business. Saying that the money isn't there is a blank statement with no validation, the money is there, HMRC know where to find it.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
No, but apparently £1 billion pounds has suddenly become available, it will be used to rebuild the country we are bombing.
Totally agree Eddie. Those that care for disabled people - many of whom will need more care due to current cutbacks - get under £61 per week for often backbreaking and exhausting work. These people often give up well paying jobs to do this, out of love.
Care companies charge in excess of £16 per HOUR for careworkers to support somebody in their own home. Many disabled often have accompanying medical conditions but regardless, they need help to be able to live their lives.
There absolutely is the money there, are you kidding? Look at the wealth of this country! My wish, as the parent of a disabled daughter, and the grandparent of a disabled granddaughter, is that those who who are so quick to dismiss their worth as human beings, by putting finance above them is that one day, they may have an epiphany, just a small realisation of how tough their lives can be. I also sincerely hope that they never have to find out for themselves just how it feels to live as a disabled person where people would see you written off as a financial burden to society.

Reactions: 10 people

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Money is
Money is spent on worse stuff than helping vulnerable people out. Take a look in HM Treasury's budget and you would be shocked on the wastage. Paying disabled people and their carer's saves the NHS a lot of money so it is actually saving the humble PAYE taxpayers' money. The missing money we don't have in your opinion could easily be got by tightening up the Tax Code and putting these accountants whose sole job is avoiding taxes with loopholes out of business. Saying that the money isn't there is a blank statement with no validation, the money is there, HMRC know where to find it.

Hmrc is tightening up. But the money doesn't magically appear over night. The country has a budget deficit and the government that had getting rid of that deficit was elected on the back of it.

The original points are months old. I forget them and am not going to debate what that money should and shouldn't br spent on. The Nhs has said it needs more cash and the government spending review has supplied it.

Even even money is available it's still a pot of money that needs to be allocated.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hmrc is tightening up. But the money doesn't magically appear over night. The country has a budget deficit and the government that had getting rid of that deficit was elected on the back of it.

The original points are months old. I forget them and am not going to debate what that money should and shouldn't br spent on. The Nhs has said it needs more cash and the government spending review has supplied it.

Even even money is available it's still a pot of money that needs to be allocated.
End of debate here, your "no money" mantra has worn thin, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I could run HM Treasury to a running profit quite easily, it's not rocket science. The budget deficit will always be technically there with the private company called the Bank of England printing money with interest payed by us. Until the pound sterling goes back to the Gold Standard and not fiat currency with nothing to back it then it will always be debt, debt and more debt. This is my last thoughts on this issue. Thanks

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
No, but apparently £1 billion pounds has suddenly become available, it will be used to rebuild the country we are bombing.
Totally agree Eddie. Those that care for disabled people - many of whom will need more care due to current cutbacks - get under £61 per week for often backbreaking and exhausting work. These people often give up well paying jobs to do this, out of love.
Care companies charge in excess of £16 per HOUR for careworkers to support somebody in their own home. Many disabled often have accompanying medical conditions but regardless, they need help to be able to live their lives.
There absolutely is the money there, are you kidding? Look at the wealth of this country! My wish, as the parent of a disabled daughter, and the grandparent of a disabled granddaughter, is that those who who are so quick to dismiss their worth as human beings, by putting finance above them is that one day, they may have an epiphany, just a small realisation of how tough their lives can be. I also sincerely hope that they never have to find out for themselves just how it feels to live as a disabled person where people would see you written off as a financial burden to society.
Well said on the care scam industry and the poor underpaid and unappreciated home carers who are paid a pittance in Carers Allowance. I think MikeJ is singing from a different song sheet than the rest of us.

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
End of debate here, your "no money" mantra has worn thin, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I could run HM Treasury to a running profit quite easily, it's not rocket science. The budget deficit will always be technically there with the private company called the Bank of England printing money with interest payed by us. Until the pound sterling goes back to the Gold Standard and not fiat currency with nothing to back it then it will always be debt, debt and more debt. This is my last thoughts on this issue. Thanks

The gold standard requires us to have gold. The labour government sold it all for next to no money. So if we adopted your economic policy we'd still have no money for DLa!

There's no money may be wearing thin but you haven't once told me where you'd get money from? Let's be honest you couldn't run the treasury at a profit because if you could you'd be doing that instead of posting unsupported views on the Internet.

If you understand how calenders work the original postings were months ago. The financial situation of the country has improved a little. But there's is no appetite from the public to give give give benefits.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The gold standard requires us to have gold. The labour government sold it all for next to no money. So if we adopted your economic policy we'd still have no money for DLa!

There's no money may be wearing thin but you haven't once told me where you'd get money from? Let's be honest you couldn't run the treasury at a profit because if you could you'd be doing that instead of posting unsupported views on the Internet.

If you understand how calenders work the original postings were months ago. The financial situation of the country has improved a little. But there's is no appetite from the public to give give give benefits.
Yes our ex Golden Chancellor sold most of the bullion - big mistake. I have told you several times where the money is -
1. Wastage
2. Unclaimed taxes
3. Reforming the Tax Code
End of discussion Mike. We are technically derailing the thread now. Our positions won't change.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I would like to know the outcome of the original post. @ally, did your DLA get reinstated?

mikej1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes our ex Golden Chancellor sold most of the bullion - big mistake. I have told you several times where the money is -
1. Wastage
2. Unclaimed taxes
3. Reforming the Tax Code
End of discussion Mike. We are technically derailing the thread now. Our positions won't change.

The thread is nine months old. No derailing. It's all about you now.

What on earth is reforming the Tax Code?