Hill28

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Uhm..diabetes
Yes no changes after;)

It was in a Kruidvat store, walked back inside and the alarm stayed quite. Then walked out again and alarm was ringing again;s

realised at home that it could have been only the sensor really.

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm things continue to go well.

It's been bang on with finger stick tests since insertion, data has enabled me to head off a couple of lows and correct potential highs.

Been flat lining between 4mmol-7mmol since 15:00 yesterday, despite consuming 150g of carbs in that time frame.

Impressed!

Reactions: 6 people

itconor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How Long Did you guys take to get it dispatched i bought it on monday, im still waiting to get a "dispatched" Email

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Often you don't get a despatched email and it just turns up.

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Healthcare professional code is CAA1C if any has one and wishes to unlock the bolus calculator and the ability to log 0.5 increments of boluses.

Cheers,

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How Long Did you guys take to get it dispatched i bought it on monday, im still waiting to get a "dispatched" Email

I got my dispatch email a day after the libre was delivered.

Ring them and they will give you a tracking code, but it is for a french website and status updates are in French.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the insulin calculator. It's very useful. Only works on blood tests (as I guess scans are not accurate enough?)

Took my dodgy sensor off this morning and the new one seems good so far, always within 1mmol :)

Reactions: 2 people

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine come via DPD, who send me a text on the day they are delivering giving a 1 hour window of expected delivery time.

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
image.jpg

Pleased with my LIBRE and my results today :)

Reactions: 6 people

Robert747

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
B
Hmm things continue to go well.

It's been bang on with finger stick tests since insertion, data has enabled me to head off a couple of lows and correct potential highs.

Been flat lining between 4mmol-7mmol since 15:00 yesterday, despite consuming 150g of carbs in that time frame.

Impressed!
Been my experience too....love it! Keep finger prick testing to check it's accurate as I'm paranoid about it being wrong but so far so good...always within +/- 0.5

Robert747

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine was also delivered by the French company - received no dispatch email but if you login to your account you can see the tracking number and tracking link. I ordered Monday and it was delivered Wednesday

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This sensor cones to the end of its life in the morning. It has been one of my better ones. Sad to see it go.

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This sensor cones to the end of its life in the morning. It has been one of my better ones. Sad to see it go.

Hi, have we narrowed down why some sensors are more inconsistent than others, each sensor is manufactured to the same parameters which would suggest the inaccuracies are down to variables with the user???

Have we looked at placement of the sensors, or linked to other variables? e.g. rapidly rising or dropping BS etc etc...

What's causing the variability with the sensors if they are identical for all intents and purposes?

I'm not sure it's fair to expect them to be as accurate as blood plasma, as that's not what it's measuring.

I guess it comes down to an acceptable margin of error...

A tricky one...

Last edited by a moderator:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Even if they have, we wouldn't know. Abbott have said nothing, as you'd expect, although some of us (well maybe only me) suspect that body composition at sensor site may play a part.

buckley8219

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Even if they have, we wouldn't know. Abbott have said nothing, as you'd expect, although some of us (well maybe only me) suspect that body composition at sensor site may play a part.

I agree with the body composition thing already :)

lollloll

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's been great reading everyone's experiences so far with the libre, really helpful insight. My sensors arrived today and placed one on tonight ready to go tomorrow (trying to give it time to 'settle in' whilst asleep thus avoiding the scan temptation) Q. did anyone else get caught out by their arm bleeding++ when placing the sensor? I dripped all over my dressing gown!

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
It's been great reading everyone's experiences so far with the libre, really helpful insight. My sensors arrived today and placed one on tonight ready to go tomorrow (trying to give it time to 'settle in' whilst asleep thus avoiding the scan temptation) Q. did anyone else get caught out by their arm bleeding++ when placing the sensor? I dripped all over my dressing gown!
It seems to vary by application site. If you catch a capillary on application, it can bleed. I've not had a bad one though.