it does get a lil easier

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
hi all,

nearly 6 weeks since my son was diagnosed type 1, first couple of weeks was a mess and hell like feelings for me as a mum. Yes, we had ups and downs each and everyday but it's a learning process. Gradually, coming in to terms is just an arm reach. Would like to aknowledge and thank this forum with all my heart for everything that I've learned thru advices, discussions and by simply reading your stories.
We may not know each other personally, but I felt your warmth and sincere sympathy from the day I joined the forum.
Every human being had their own struggles in
life, only difference is how we handle those
trials.
So, head ups, roll our sleeves and Fight!
P.S
son will be joining his first ever 3 day Camp after Easter. YAY! nervous and excited here! ;)

Reactions: 8 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
So pleased things are getting easier for you all........... that is good to hear :)

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Always good to hear good news.
This place can be very very informative and as far as I'm concerned .... life saving.
Certainly saved me from the NHS and the obvious downward trend my health was taking.
All power to you and your family.

ivm18

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
strong will and very determined, there was one incident that maybe he heard me crying in our bedroom he came in and sat beside me and told me ' mommy I'm not like going to die, it is just this insulin hormones that my pancreas no longer produced.there still hope for cure and til that cure came in my lifetime I'd just manage this sweetness overload ( that's what his term for his diabetes Lol) in my system thru injecting insulin. you see mommy I'm still fortunate that were able to buy my meds and stuff, unlike many unfortunate kids around the globe whose dying of hunger and untreated diseases.
I will always remember those words from son. the fighting spirit and courage erased some of my fears regarding his illness.

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
hi all,

nearly 6 weeks since my son was diagnosed type 1, first couple of weeks was a mess and hell like feelings for me as a mum. Yes, we had ups and downs each and everyday but it's a learning process. Gradually, coming in to terms is just an arm reach. Would like to aknowledge and thank this forum with all my heart for everything that I've learned thru advices, discussions and by simply reading your stories.
We may not know each other personally, but I felt your warmth and sincere sympathy from the day I joined the forum.
Every human being had their own struggles in
life, only difference is how we handle those
trials.
So, head ups, roll our sleeves and Fight!
P.S
son will be joining his first ever 3 day Camp after Easter. YAY! nervous and excited here! ;)

I am so pleased for you, I believe it's the members that make this forum supportive with helpful advice. You are doing just fine, if there is anything you need to ask or query, someone is normally around to help. Well done to you and your son :)

With my best wishes X