Hospital - hypos

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone ,

Hope everyone is doing well .

I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and haven't got long left , I was just wondering what did you take to hospital for when your blood sugar drops or was you on a glucose drip ?
I've got my scan and appointment Wednesday so will bring it up to them and see what the team say , but just curios to see what others had took in ?

x

Reactions: 2 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi. I took haribo and lucosade and little cartons of Apple juice. When I was in full blown labour I was unable to stomach much though because the gas and air made me feel so sick so I ended up on a sliding scale (had been wanting to avoid that). Think you want easy to consume things or even glucotabs...
How're you feeling now your 32 weeks? Not long to go now!
Xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey jess ,
Ahh that helps loads , I was just so unsure I've packed a bit of everything lol , I've got jelly beans , dextros then this week going to pick up some sugary drinks think my bag is going to rip open soon .
I'm feeling fine but heavy wow where has this bump all of a sudden come from lol , I've fount bms to of been slightly out of target lately both ways , spoken to Dsn this morning and she said they really ain't that bad and I've not got long to go , but they will still annoy me lol .
I'm ready to meet him now started to have enough lol .
How's you and your little girl doing , hope your all well .
xxx

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've got cartons of apple juice, glucotabs and byvita biscuits.

Keep up the good work Chloe!

Reactions: 4 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, we 're doing well thanks cloe, I can't believe she was 6 weeks on Friday! We had first smiles over the weekend which was really special. Am still having problems with poor milk supply (probs not related to the diabetes) so the GP started me on some tablets to try to treat this yesterday so fingers crossed!
Hope things continue smoothly for you, not long now! I look forwards to hearing how you get on!
Xxx

Reactions: 6 people

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hels : Thankyou , I'm definitely going to be getting some kind of sugary drink to add to the bag , hope you and the little one are doing well x

Jess : oh wow first smiles that must of been a special moment all sounds so cute , 6 weeks blimey that has gone quick !! Fingers crossed for you that the tablet helps you with the milk supply .
Had my 32 weeks growth scan today , and got told he couldn't be measuring any more perfectly , was so lovely to hear as obviously you worry about everything but his bang in the middle and he is head down , I've been told to chill and not beat my self up with my bms as there perfect werll see how I go on that one lol , they don't want to see me again Untill after my 36 week growth scan , I then should be given an induction date but if the doctors are still really happy with how things are going they might see me weekly and go a little bit further , so just a waiting game now really , but were so ready lol , so glad your both doing well , take care xxx

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Chloe. We're both doing well. Hopefully we can go home tomorrow.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Chloe. We're both doing well. Hopefully we can go home tomorrow.

Hey hels , hope everything is going well still and you managed to go home a few days ago .
Enjoy your new little baby take care. x