What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

Sorry Deejay I was being lazy with my typing. LC Cake is Low carb cake and I am talking about the Stracciatella cake...I think I am addicted to it.. its LCHF and very yummy - Lemon and coconut is my favorite flavour at the moment.
Still haven't tried it but I have made a chocolate cake today - the bits I've pinched off it after taking it out of the oven taste fine, still to see if I cooked it long enough to avoid a sticky centre....soya flour takes a bit of getting used to...will post the recipe later if it has turned out ok.....

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry Deejay I was being lazy with my typing. LC Cake is Low carb cake and I am talking about the Stracciatella cake...I think I am addicted to it.. its LCHF and very yummy - Lemon and coconut is my favorite flavour at the moment.
Oh, THAT one! I was very envious. I'll get on it asap :hungry:

Reactions: 5 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I'm sorry you feel ill WS... :( I use 1 tsp of butter and 1 tsp coconut oil - it could be too much otherwise.. some use a lot more, I know... I sometimes put a dash of cream in it too... I wonder if it's the sudden onslaught of fat that's doing it? Maybe add it in smaller increments? I hope you feel ok later...

Feeling much better today, I'm assuming because I've had more carbs and less fat :( I think your right and I overdid the fat & oil ratio, maybe try again next week

Reactions: 8 people

pil79

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a pretty big lunch but got an amazing Blood sugar level of 5.3!!!
I decided to have some Irish Oats as i haven't been in my opinion having enough Fibre. I combined this with Raspberries and a pinch of cinnamon. I also ate 3 eggs, 2 slices of Pastrami, a Pickled Chilli, a few spoons of tuna mayonaisse and to my shame a marmite Cheddar. I can't express how pleased i am!, i think i will have this for lunch everyday :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Went to bed at 7.1, awoke on 9.3, had glass of coconut water at 6am - still no change to DP
B 1 slice of burgen with butter & marmite & 1 fried egg
L 1 slice of burgen with Philadelphia and half an avocado topped with runny poached egg
D Thursday so doner kebab no pitta, jelly and clotted cream

Need to get the misses to make some of this strat cake your all raving about:)

G

gemma6549

Hope you are feeling better? Your lunch sounds perfect... :)

Only just seen this, sometimes it doesn't seem to notify me!

So today was...

Breakfast: yoghurt (soya, dairy, lactose and carb free)

Lunch: chicken breast with green beans and avacado (decided to start giving avacado a go as a source of fat)

Dinner: still full so just a pot of sugar free jelly :)

Reactions: 7 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Sable_Jan, and @pavlovsdog , i think you are both right, i am going to try and reduce carbs but up fat intake during the day and see how i get on. :)
I think once you get the balance right you will feel fuller for longer and will naturally eat less, and not have any cravings that go along with carbs :)

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, I get you with the breakfast option at work...
How about cold ham, or crustless quiche (make exactly as for normal quiche, but instead of lining the dish with pastry, use bacon or ham slices)
There are also recipes around that make breakfast cup things (egg and quiche type ingredients) that can all be cooked, then frozen or refridgerated and reheated as required.
In your situation, I might just go for a humungous coffee and cream, or a bulletproof coffee in the morning..

The broth is (ideally) a hand titivated real broth simmered for hours over a Highland croft hearth... but I just use the Knorr stock things (the wee individual pots, that are like a jelly, not the solid stock cubes). I use a big 450 ml mug per stock pot thing, and a dash of cream. Bovril works too, if it floats your boat. basically it is just a way of increasing your liquid and salt intake, which are both good when low carbing. But the added benefit is they seem more filling than an ordinary drink, and by adding the cream you can con yourself that you are drinking a cream-of-chicken or cream-of-beef soup. ;)
Frittata's are great too, and dead easy to make :)

Reactions: 7 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
After a terrible day yesterday, I must get back on track:
B: coffee with cream
L: Out for the day so I had an iced latte and a bagel with goat's cheese and caramelised onion, with the lid off
D: cheese and ham omlette with salad, green tea drink
Snack: berries yoghurt and cream. Macadamia nuts

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: slice of well buttered toast:
Dinner: leftover lentil soup & LC choc cake - recipe.needs tweaking but quite nice
Tea: carvery meal - half roast chicken, cauli w cheese sauce, cabbage, 4 small roasties & gravy...
No spikes
Snack more choc cake & squirty creams

Reactions: 2 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, conference and travel home.
B. Weetabix with whole milk, bad girl:wacky: swiftly followed by egg, bacon and sausage! Bg 9.4 at 1 hr and 5.7 at 2h 15min.
L. Chicken wings, half egg and cress sandwich, meat on a stick!, 2 thumbsize bits of cake ( i have small thumbs :)) bg post 2 h 7.8.
D. Hot pork roast roll with crackling, skipped the stuffing and didnt eat all the bread. Forgot to test when i got home as went straight to bed.

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Are frittatas not the same as omelettes? x
Nope, similar tho. Frittata ingredients usually fried until done as you like them and often well seasoned wth herbs during cooking. Eggs then beaten, seasoned to taste and poured over ingredients in pan. When almost set top with grated cheese and finish off under grill. Tho I just flip mine over. Normally more ingredients to egg ratio as egg is binding it all together...

Last edited:

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday's food:

B - Cheese & Bacon mini quiche
L - PeriPeri Chicken (boy it was hot) with a tomato, cucumber & Olive Salad
D - 2 x 98% pork sausages, 2 x bacon, poached egg and 5 mushrooms followed by LC cake and extra thick double cream

G

gemma6549

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs and a small pot of sugar free jelly.

Lunch: chicken soup and a green side salad

Dinner: we are eating out, pre chose my food to ensure there's an option for me :)

Starter: soup
Main: Cod with green vegetables

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today will be
Bacon and sausage from deli after dentists
Bacon cheese frittata salad
Black pudding chorizo salad

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: LC choc cake with thick cream (needs using up so can try refined recipe)
Dinner: 2 meatfree burgers on bed of lettuce, tomato & mayo, topped with sliced mild cheddar and fried onions.
Trying to decide between us what tea will be....
EDIT: lightly battered haddock & peas few pinched chips......

Last edited:

jackie_oates_123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What a brill site this is full of great ideas. You don't realise how many people are in the same situation as yourself . good luck all hope i can help somebody as much as i have been helped just by reading thanks all. jackie

Reactions: 15 people
Status
Not open for further replies.