Dr. David Pearson's cure for Diabetes

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
I have searched the title but found no information on this doctor's seemingly promising methods for reducing blood sugar levels which concentrates on Insulin Growth Factor (IGF) or Hormone development of the Liver.
He states that the Liver is encouraged through dietary methods to produce an alternative to Insulin - a growth hormone thus reducing the load on the Pancreas especially in the case of Type 2. He goes on to say that this Hormone is fostered to such an extent that, if I understand him correctly, markedly assists Type 1 which has astonished patients' doctors, etc., etc.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Call me cynical, but whenever I read "cure" and "Type 1" together, my BS meter starts alarming (and that's my bullsh*t meter, not my blood sugar meter).

Reactions: 2 people

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
@Indy51

Yes, that is why I am asking the question here.

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interestingly a Google search shows that a number of articles about this book have been removed using the EUs rules on removing links from searches. I'm cynical enough to suggest those will be the pages that say that Dr David Pearson is a scam artist rather than those that say the 'cure' works.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
the book is a hook to a monthly plan that will bleed you dry, with miracle supplements and such..it's a scam

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
An extract..........

The major limitation to the use of IGF-1 has been the significant side effects, including jaw ache, muscle and joint pains, headache and swelling of the optic nerve behind the eye. Consequently, IGF-1 was withdrawn from development as an adjunct to treatment in diabetes.The exact cause of these side effects remains unknown. Under normal conditions, however, over 99% of IGF-1 is bound to a family of IGF-binding proteins. It has been postulated that the side effects are caused by the post-injection unbound IGF-I

From...............
https://www.idf.org/sites/default/files/attachments/article_61_en.pdf

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The present attempt to scam us (if it is indeed a scam) has been carried by the Daily Mail Newspaper (London) in the form of a video for quite a long while now - surely that medium would have received some complaints by now? No reference to a book is made nor to long monthly commitments or ongoing payments. It uses the English language perfectly and majors on the consumption of mixtures of various foods which are revealed upon a refundable payment of $37.

I OBVIOUSLY realize that this may be a scam and only ask members if they know anything to the detriment of this Dr. Pearson and his treatise.