Tattoos and type 1

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone,

I'm considering getting a tattoo, it'll be my first one. I know being type 1 doesn't stop you from getting one but there are obviously things you need to consider before doing so, was just wandering if there are is any advice or "guidelines" you could give me or that you were told about before I make my mind up completely!

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks all :) x

G

gemma6549

Hi

I have 5 tattoos all of which I got when my control was really bad but still never had any problems.

Just make sure you go to a reputable artist and follow the aftercare advice.

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah thanks, that makes me feel better as my control is a bit mental at the moment, doctors still tweaking my insulin ratios etc!

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning everyone,

I'm considering getting a tattoo, it'll be my first one. I know being type 1 doesn't stop you from getting one but there are obviously things you need to consider before doing so, was just wandering if there are is any advice or "guidelines" you could give me or that you were told about before I make my mind up completely!

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks all :) x

Best thing I think is word of mouth from a friend, work colleague or relative, being reputable too and always go along first to ask any questions regarding tattoo's, diabetes and after care. Good luck, btw I haven't got any tattoo's, but both my adult children have.

Best wishes RRB

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmmm yes I think you are right, tbh I will ask at my next appointment for any advice from a medical perspective and then when I get to the tattooist ask about aftercare etc etc, I know plenty of type 2's but maybe 1 type 1 and she doesn't have any either lol. Thanks x