No Desire To Eat

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 months into my diagnosis, found the forum more or less straight away and started LCHF, I have great control over my bloods thanks to good advice, all seems to have happened so quickly.

I went from loving food and stuffing my face with carbs (pre diagnosis) to LCHF and have done really well, but the past few days I just don't feel like eating anything, it's weird going from one extreme to the other, I know I need to eat and I pretty much know what to eat, but when I think of all the foods that are available to me, I just have no desire to eat.

A little worried because I can't force it down my neck, has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I did for a while. I found that metformin acted as an appetite suppressant and I only needed 2 meals a day whilst taking it. I'm back to 3 now that my GP won't prescribe it for me anymore. I still have lots of weight to lose, so not eating a lot didn't really bother me at the time.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
Hi Daks,

I have had diabetes a good while now but all my life I have had a good appetite. I am only 10 stone but I can keep up with the best of them on the gorging front when I fancy.

What you have just posted is what I'm experiencing right now, but for me it is quite a regular thing. I will eat really well[ for a couple of months and then I just lose my appetite for no apparent reason and this can last for a few days.

I think there are so many variables regarding this it would be impossible to really advise anything but if your not feeling unwell than it's probably not too much to worry about.

Just adjust your regime accordingly and all should be ok, I'm sure your appetite will return soon. Obviously see your GP if it's really worrying you but as I said it's an occurrence I've been used to for many years !

Interesting to know what others think !

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have you thought about green juicing? Or drinking something like slim fast? At least you are getting some nutrients that way.

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 months into my diagnosis, found the forum more or less straight away and started LCHF, I have great control over my bloods thanks to good advice, all seems to have happened so quickly.

I went from loving food and stuffing my face with carbs (pre diagnosis) to LCHF and have done really well, but the past few days I just don't feel like eating anything, it's weird going from one extreme to the other, I know I need to eat and I pretty much know what to eat, but when I think of all the foods that are available to me, I just have no desire to eat.

A little worried because I can't force it down my neck, has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks in advance.
If not hungry I can see no reason to force feed yourself so relax. As long as you get enough water and salt staying off food a few days won't hurt. If your appetite doesn't reappear sometime next you can start to worry.

Reactions: 4 people

Daks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your feedback folks...