Chocolate tea bags

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got the Tesco ones too and don't rate them.

Tried without milk or sweetener - no good

Tried with just milk - better but still no good

Tried double bag with milk and sweetener - not overly impressed - think it was just the milk and sweetener I enjoyed.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained I guess :)

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds pretty comprehensive. Well done in the cause of research.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't beat a cup of cocoa, a real chocolate drink :hungry:
Cocoa & hot water, make a paste, add more hot water, stir like mad, add almond milk, add sweetener if required, add double cream. Is that OK?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cocoa & hot water, make a paste, add more hot water, stir like mad, add almond milk, add sweetener if required, add double cream. Is that OK?

I don't use milk at all, I make it with hot water and then add double cream at the end, and a bit of xylitol, lush!

Daffodils1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi CollieBoy, yes those are one of the options. The chocolate orange ones are by charbrew but still sold at tescos, slightly more expensive.

Jemma, thanks for recommending, tried them and lovely...am sworn off chocolate until at least I get (hopefully better) first hab1c results after diagnosis, so these are a nice treat!!

G

gemma6549

Jemma, thanks for recommending, tried them and lovely...am sworn off chocolate until at least I get (hopefully better) first hab1c results after diagnosis, so these are a nice treat!!

Glad you like them :) I haven't had any chocolate since I started on them....yet!

Dilly40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not had a hot chocolate since January I need so go and get some asap. Thanks for the info.