Positive!

G

gemma6549

I'm only on my second month of trying tho so hopefully sometime this year I'll be pregnant..i feel the pressure tho of my mum wanting to buy baby clothes and my sister asking "any news?" I know they mean well. X

My family are the opposite in that they say things like "you might not be able to have a baby!!" Which makes me feel equally pressured and worried!!

It will happen for both of us I'm sure :)

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My family are the opposite in that they say things like "you might not be able to have a baby!!" Which makes me feel equally pressured and worried!!

It will happen for both of us I'm sure :)
Aw that's not very positive of them, try and ignore what they say and believe that it will happen. After all alot of diabetic women on here have had healthy pregnancies and babies.

G

gemma6549

I know, I guess you just don't ever really think about it happening or not happening until you start trying.

I wish you all the luck and happiness though and hopefully it won't be too long for either of us.

And jade just keep doing what you are doing and looking after yourself and I'm sure it will be fine, such an exciting time so just enjoy every minute of it :)

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes good luck to you too, I'll let you know in April weather those 2 lines appear or not. And good luck to jade too. :)

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi could i just ask what were your earliest signs that you were pregnant? x

This wasn't directed to me but the only sign I had was cramps. They felt just like menstrual cramps, but I only ever get menstrual cramps on the first day of my period. On day 3 of the cramps with no period I took a test (the day I should have started). But apparently cramps aren't considered a reliable early pregnancy sign. It was our first month trying and I figured I'd have more time to get used to the idea before actually getting pregnant. :p

I'm trying not too get too excited too because it's so early.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations to you too sleepyheadzzz! I spoke to the diabetic midwife on Monday who told me to call and make an appt in week 8! I told her about the unexplainable highs and she said it was prob due to hormones and just to correct when high! guess this is the beginning of a long hard road for both of us! x

That's brilliant that you have now been in contact with your diabetes team , I was also seen between 7-8 weeks pregnant , fount out we was expecting at 4 weeks lol . How have your bms been lately , is hard not to panic when you see the highs I still panic now lol , but you sound as if your doing everything you need to be and doing well already . Keep us updated . xxx

jade88

I made the mistake of telling people we were trying and it does make you feel more pressured! It starts to feel like your whole life is on hold!
Still having a few highs mainly 1 hr after meals only way to prevent them is to take extra insulin with meal but then go too low 2hrs post meals! Very frustrating! xxx

Reactions: 2 people
G

gemma6549

Sounds like you are on top of things though jade and doing what you should be :)

Yes telling people definitely puts more pressure on, it's a shame because it's an exciting time and so you want to share your plans but don't want to be hassled every 5 minutes when your feeling impatient yourself anyway!

I know we don't know each other but I'm so happy for you, I can only imagine how elated I will feel when I get a positive result :)

jade88

Thank you Gemma it's nice to speak to people who are going through the same thing - and who understand what it is like to try getting pregnant whilst managing diabetes! Keep us all updated with your progress! xxx

G

gemma6549

Thank you Gemma it's nice to speak to people who are going through the same thing - and who understand what it is like to try getting pregnant whilst managing diabetes! Keep us all updated with your progress! xxx

I will do and keep us updated with how your pregnancy progresses. So exciting :)

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations Jade! It's hard work being diabetic and pregnant, but well worth the effort. Remember 9 months is a long time to keep good control so there will be frustrating and unexpected highs and lows with the BSs but just do you best and make sure you enjoy your pregnancy.

Good luck Gemma.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeyyyy congratulations @jade88 so happy for you, try not to worry about high bg's just do what you can to correct them xx

jade88

Thank you hels how are you? Are you adjusting to motherhood!?
And thank you Mrsass! I'm bit miffed to be honest my normal ratios don't seem to be working - yesterday they were stuck at 8 all day - even after I went swimming which usually lowers them!? xxx

Reactions: 3 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jade,
Sorry I missed this message.
We are doing well, thanks. The little chap is 2 weeks old today and he has put on about one pound in weight already. I'm breastfeeding him and think I have got my insulin levels about right now - I'm enjoying having the reduced insulin requirements and a bit more freedom to eat a more varied diet.
My 2 year old seems to have accepted his little brother too which is a bonus!

Hope everyone's pregnancies are going well.
Hx

Reactions: 2 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1428417429.570047.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They're adorable!

What a lovely photo, hels!

I'm pleased breastfeeding is going well for you, and you have your insulin sorted.

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lovely photo hels .
You sound as if you are doing really well and have it all under control which is fab , has baby got a name ?

A big congratulations once again , enjoy. :)

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lovely picture Hels! Such cuties! Glad things are going well. X