a sore throat, will it put BG up

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am type 2 , brought on by prednisolone 15 to 20 years ago. I am on tablets and insulin. (Novomix) I have been put back on prednisolone 4 weeks ago and I am concerned about my glucose levels. I am trying really hard to eat low carbs and I am spending most of my time with a rumbling tum. I thought that this would have worn off by now. I have a sore throat a the moment and my bloods are in double figures even hours (5 hours) after a low carb meal. Is this due to Prednisolone or the sore throat or both. What do you think. Thanks

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I am type 2 , brought on by prednisolone 15 to 20 years ago. I am on tablets and insulin. (Novomix) I have been put back on prednisolone 4 weeks ago and I am concerned about my glucose levels. I am trying really hard to eat low carbs and I am spending most of my time with a rumbling tum. I thought that this would have worn off by now. I have a sore throat a the moment and my bloods are in double figures even hours (5 hours) after a low carb meal. Is this due to Prednisolone or the sore throat or both. What do you think. Thanks
Both, Pred will raise your blood sugar by quite a lot anyway.

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your help folks. I was getting worried. Eating very little, loosing weight but blood sugars still high. :(

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thanks for your help folks. I was getting worried. Eating very little, loosing weight but blood sugars still high. :(
Can you not increase your insulin?

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I could increase the insulin, but that makes me put on weight. A vicious circle.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I could increase the insulin, but that makes me put on weight. A vicious circle.
So what would you rather do, put on a bit of weight which would be unlikely or end up with nerve or eye damage at a future date? Seems a no brainer to me.

lynne99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes carbsroc, you are absolutely correct. Thanks. It just seems wrong that even though I am eating less I have to take more insulin. I am feeling a bit better today and will try to keep on top of the bloods. Thanks again, I needed telling :(