New meter cant get readings

lambkin

I am a T2 . I have been given a new GlucoX Nexus meter from GP and new test strips.
But I don't know what I am doing wrong- but I cant get the machine to work.
It worked with the original test strips but isn't working with the new ones.
Does anyone know why this might be.
Im being hassled by the GP to lower my blood sugars... I am soo frustrated

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome. I don't use this type of meter so I can't give in-depth knowledge but,,,Does the meter display come on...Are you using the correct strips..Are the strips the correct way up...enough blood presented to the strip in the correct position. Are the strips in date ????. Flat batteries ???. Try the obvious first.

Reactions: 2 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been using this meter for a couple of years now with no problems.

Are you getting any error messages on the machine.

I get an EF error code now and again when I don't get enough blood on the strip.

You should get an E6 error code if the batteries are too low.

Are these the strips you have?

strips.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lambkin

I've been using this meter for a couple of years now with no problems.

Are you getting any error messages on the machine.

I get an EF error code now and again when I don't get enough blood on the strip.

You should get an E6 error code if the batteries are too low.

Are these the strips you have?

strips.png
Thank you everyone - it seems that I was given the wrong prescription for the test strips. Daughter tried to get the machine working but decided that the test strips must be wrong.
Local pharmacy gave me the correct ones and checked that my meter was working correctly. the reading after all that stress and upset was 7.5 so not tooo bad. GP had given me a right telling off when I didn't show her the blood results on Friday- I didn't have the courage to say that I couldn't get my meter to work. I tried to speak to the practice nurse but couldnt get an appointment to see her for 2 weeks. I was at my wits end. Lots of tears of frustration and a few sleepless nights. GP went on and on me about costing NHS soo much money.

plonkish_

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear, there was no need for that - I think that sometimes doctors forget where their fat wages come from in the first place. Too big for their boots as my nan would say.

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@lambkin - Glad you got it sorted :)

Oh and don't forget to change the time on your meter :)

Last edited by a moderator: