Need advice on changing BS numbers

Sarah82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone! I am new to posting but not new to reading this site or diabetes. I was diagnosed in October 2013 with a fasting of 13 and hba1c of 10.2. I'm housebound with M.E and Fibromyalgia so I can't really exercise but I still managed without medication to get my fasting numbers to drop between 4.6 and 5.5 after a few months (thanks to the LCHF diet I read about on here) and they have been like that ever since. My numbers two hours after a meal have been up to 7.5, usually 6 something.

Anyway that changed recently and I am baffled as to why. For about a month my blood goes to 8 ish every evening whether I have had a low carb meal or not eaten at all, and stays like that for hours. And the past week or so my fastings have gone up to 6.2, 6.4. Nothing in my life or what I eat has changed so I wondered if anyone has any idea why it would do this? I realise these numbers aren't awful but it is the sudden change I am worried about. Thanks!

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
you would need a dr for this one, it's not the simple 'too much carb'..
just my fellow T2 guesses and not medical advice
best guess is a low grade chronic infection? bladder, mouth, gut, etc
I think it's too early to think 'OMG my pancreas has shut down'

Reactions: 2 people

Sarah82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for replying. Yeah I am going to ask to have a blood test and see if anything shows up on there. I really hope it is not my pancreas packing in already!

Reactions: 2 people