Worried Newbie

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hubby is diabetic and is very interested in what I've been researching. He just cooked me lunch of smoked haddock with poached egg, cauliflower and kale stir fried in butter and coconut oil - delicious! Our 14 year old enjoyed it too.
I have signed up for diet doctor emails and hubby, who does the cooking has said he'll help me all he can. For the first time this week I am feeling that I might actually be able to control this and become healthier.

Reactions: 7 people

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
just did my bg before eating and it was 5.7.......and 5.6 1 hr after a healthy meal of chicken, bombay cauliflower, cottage cheese and cucumber

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
fasting bg 6.5 this morning which is a little better. I dropped the porridge and apple yesterday so that has obviously helped

Reactions: 2 people

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am away from home now til late tomorrow so its going to be tough but I am determined. I'll take enough with me for today, have a hotel bacon and eggs in the morning and buy a salad at lunchtime with cheese and chicken to keep me going

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Hya Cat.
You might have to cut the porridge out as it spikes some people.
It spikes me but ... I have it with a tablespoon of coconut oil stirred into it and it doesn't spike me ... testing is the only way t find out.
The bit I like about the LCHF diet is I can still go in my favourite greasy spoons for an all day breakfast.
I have a few favourite greasy spoons in different places I visit.

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 days away from home and I managed to be really good despite an extremely stressful time with my sister who is gravely ill. I had to fast all day yesterday in order to stay with her. After I arrived they closed the hospital ward due to norovirus. Since I had already been exposed they let me stay but I would not have been permitted to return if I went to the car to fetch my lunch. I'd had a breakfast of sausage scrambled egg and cheese and managed without anything in order to stay with Jenn. Finally ate at 6 and had cheese, turkey and a handful of sunflower seeds followed by a coffee with cream at the service station and a few almonds with a small slice of brie. BG was 5.8 when I got home 2 hours later. Not tested this morning as hubby is very low on test strips til he picks up his prescription. However, I have weighed myself exactly 1 week since I started on this momentous journey. I am 6.38 lb down! Yippee!!!!! I almost can't believe it. Still can't get my head round the fact that its working but I am not struggling with hunger and determined to carry on. My aim is to completely avoid a diabetes diagnosis by bringing my HbA1c down significantly over the next 3 months.

Sooze

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Once again Cat I think you are doing so, so well :) I too spend a lot of time at hospital with my daughter who has a brain condition, the last time I cracked on 2 occasions and bought a sandwich ( first time I have had bread since diagnosis in December ) - first time I had to get my friend who thankfully lives near the hospital to get me as I felt violently sick and the 2nd time I had really awful diarrhoea and had to go home ( sorry everyone if too much info ). Love that nearly everyone comments there are no real hunger issues eating this way, and the weight loss, this is the lightest I have been in 10 years ! Keep it up Cat :) ps Sorry to hear about your sister x

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am now 9.25lb down since 23rd March. Fasting BG 5.7 again this morning. I am sticking to LCHF and not feeling hungry at all.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I am now 9.25lb down since 23rd March. Fasting BG 5.7 again this morning. I am sticking to LCHF and not feeling hungry at all.
Congratulations , you hit the ground running ,well done keep it going::))

Catvinnat

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit of an update. I've been sticking religiously to LCHF and hubby has too. He hasn't lost anything but his sugars are much more stable, his blood pressure is down and he is feeling like he has more energy.

I am 11.8lb down and getting into my stride with the eating plan. We are experimenting with low carb recipes and I have even managed to stick to it when away from home.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
A bit of an update. I've been sticking religiously to LCHF and hubby has too. He hasn't lost anything but his sugars are much more stable, his blood pressure is down and he is feeling like he has more energy.

I am 11.8lb down and getting into my stride with the eating plan. We are experimenting with low carb recipes and I have even managed to stick to it when away from home.
Yey, nice too hear ! Good control! ::))