Blue cheese dressing

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yummmmmm ... I make mine with full fat mayonnaise .. A little olive oil and a very strong blue chease .... It's yummmmy .... If you need it thinner then add more oilve oil ...
Needless to say test your blood sugars before eating the meal and I test 2 hrs after ( some folk here also test an hour after eating) and if it will show if your ok with it ....

Reactions: 4 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

If you make your own, it could be low carb.
If you buy it in a bottle, it will likely have added sugar (and be not as tasty as home made)
If you buy it in a restaurant, it could go either way.

As Enclave suggests, test and see how you get on with it.

Reactions: 4 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
About 26% carbs in a commercial bottle so not for me. As above, making your own is easy. Hellmans "Real" full-fat mayo is a good base.

Reactions: 2 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you make your own, it could be low carb.
If you buy it in a bottle, it will likely have added sugar (and be not as tasty as home made)
If you buy it in a restaurant, it could go either way.

As Enclave suggests, test and see how you get on with it.
The pre made in a bottle is just not nice ..... Make your own ... Mayo is easy ... Then just mash the blue chease and oilve oil into that ... If you have the blender out for making the Mayo then leave it running to add the chease and oil .... As the wife says (again) it's simple ! Must add I did try to make it myself once .. Don't know where I went wrong .. But got scrambled chease egg ... So it went in the bin !

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I want blue cheese now!!!

Reactions: 7 people

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mmmm love anything to do with cheese :D defo allowed it but as above make your own, so much nicer!