I am running 2 hours late!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Following an email from DCUK this morning, I turned my clock back an hour and went back to sleep.

Duh?!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good job it's the weekend then...:D Hope you enjoyed your nice long sleep in!

When I was a teenager, one of my friends did the reverse and put her alarm forward in the autumn, went off to church at what she thought was the right time, and wondered why no-one else had turned up...

I have a magic radio controlled alarm clock that resets itself for me. :p

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good job it's the weekend then...:D Hope you enjoyed your nice long sleep in!

When I was a teenager, one of my friends did the reverse and put her alarm forward in the autumn, went off to church at what she thought was the right time, and wondered why no-one else had turned up...

I have a magic radio controlled alarm clock that resets itself for me. :p

Robbity

Seriously. I didn't really put clock back, as I am a bit more savvy than that and put clock forward before I went asleep.

But could have been a problem if I had taken note of advice in email from DCUK telling us not to forget to put clocks BACK and we had extra hour in bed. Especially as I was in hotel and could have missed check out. Bit of sloppy mistake by admin!

Copy to @Giverny

Reactions: 4 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I PMd Giverny this morning about this ... I have an updated email showing the correct advice at the start and the extra hour sleep at the end of the posting !

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had two emails, both saying I should put my clock back at the bottom. The top sentence had changed. I didn't notice that it had changed on the second email. The motto is Spring forward, Fall back.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously. I didn't really put clock back, as I am a bit more savvy than that and put clock forward before I went asleep.

But could have been a problem if I had taken note of advice in email from DCUK telling us not to forget to put clocks BACK and we had extra hour in bed. Especially as I was in hotel and could have missed check out. Bit of sloppy mistake by admin!

Yes indeed....and oops then @me....:oops:
But things I've learned from my blooper:
  • my brain's not fully engaged after an extra hour's less sleep
  • I should read my emails more frequently
  • I should not try to multi-task when watching craft TV
  • I should consider both content and meaning before replying to a forum post
  • I should never believe, but ignore, any further comments from Pipp about going back to sleep:D
Robbity

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad I was not the only one confused then.

I thought I only had 9 weeks of shopping until Christmas.