Further weightloss ..

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
As expected, my weight has dropped yet again due to loss of appetite after second total knee replacement.

Getting a little concerned and very scrawny.

Think I'm going to have to at least eat a little of what I fancy i.e. Ryvita/crackers/Marmite to keep some weight on.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lynn1 "Getting a little concerned and very scrawny."

Same here although only due to LCHF diet, no surgery! I eat nuts, hasn't put back any of the weight I lost but is keeping me from losing any more.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Lynn1 "Getting a little concerned and very scrawny."

Same here although only due to LCHF diet, no surgery! I eat nuts, hasn't put back any of the weight I lost but is keeping me from losing any more.
I'm hoping that a few weeks down the line when I've recovered more, my appetite will increase. This happened with knee number one.

Sitting around, through necessity, doesn't do much to help.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you like nuts? I find I can snack on nuts if I want to. Cashews are too high in carbs for me but walnuts and almonds are OK and keep the calories up and the carbs down. I am told peanut butter is good on celery but am not really a peanut butter fan.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Do you like nuts? I find I can snack on nuts if I want to. Cashews are too high in carbs for me but walnuts and almonds are OK and keep the calories up and the carbs down. I am told peanut butter is good on celery but am not really a peanut butter fan.
Yes, I like nuts. Believe Brazil nuts are good, too. Trouble is, I prefer them covered in chocolate!

Not a peanut butter fan either.

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, I like nuts. Believe Brazil nuts are good, too. Trouble is, I prefer them covered in chocolate!

Not a peanut butter fan either.

Wash your mouth out; the dreaded "C" word. We can all dream but sadly that is all we can do now.

Reactions: 2 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Wash your mouth out; the dreaded "C" word. We can all dream but sadly that is all we can do now.
Being prediabetic, I probably would get away with it occasionally. Always worried about tipping over into diabetes though.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a problem keeping my weight up. I don't snack at all, never have done, and can't eat nuts because they make me sick. I just had to increase my fats. There was no alternative, so I overdose on cheese and have a couple of glasses of red wine each evening (just for the extra calories you understand!). I've been stable now since after Christmas but don't seem able to put on the few pounds I would like. At least I'm no longer losing.

I hope your recovery goes well.

Reactions: 3 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Lynn1
Do you like dark choccie? If you restrict yourself to small quantities you could maybe melt some to dip your brazil nuts in.

Pecan nuts, hazelnuts and pine nuts are also lowish carb, and ground hazelnuts and cocoa make great chocolate muffins.

Robbity

PS I forgot - you can also add pieces of dark chocolate to the muffins - @Scandichic has a great recipe but hers aren't made with the hazelnuts.

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Lynn1
Do you like dark choccie? If you restrict yourself to small quantities you could maybe melt some to dip your brazil nuts in.

Pecan nuts, hazelnuts and pine nuts are also lowish carb, and ground hazelnuts and cocoa make great chocolate muffins.

Robbity
Unfortunately, it has to be milk chocolate all the way!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately, it has to be milk chocolate all the way!

That's EASY!
;)

Break some 70% choc into a bowl.
Microwave for a few secs, till just melted.
Stir in double cream til it looks like milk choc.
Drop in a few nuts.
Eat with spoon.

Sometimes I feel like a fairy godmother.
;):D;)

Reactions: 4 people

Lynn1

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That's EASY!
;)

Break some 70% choc into a bowl.
Microwave for a few secs, till just melted.
Stir in double cream til it looks like milk choc.
Drop in a few nuts.
Eat with spoon.

Sometimes I feel like a fairy godmother.
;):D;)

I LOVE that idea! You've made my Easter! Only half a pound short of dropping into 7st something range so getting pretty uptight weight-wise.

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
if you are having enough fats, you could try putting your protein up, that is what dr bernstein suggests