does anyone take Lantus and Novolog

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been on lantus and Novolog for a while now, but i don't really like it. i also have been struggling to check my sugars. does anyone have an advice or ideas? message me. I've had it since i was 4 and im soon turning 20 yrs old.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi :) and welcome !

What is it you don't like about Lantus and Novolog? Just trying for a bit more information here, so people know how to reply:)

And whats the issues with checking your blood glucose? Forgetting to do it, or something else ?

Signy

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
i be forgetting to check my glucose and sorry its not that i don't like it, it's just i be sticking myself to much and i have to do it every time i eat because i have a big appetite.. its to remember i be wishing i wasn't a diabetic sometimes

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, you're not alone in that, all of us wish we weren't diabetic, probably all of the time, though , not just sometimes:rolleyes:

But, yes, I hear you, we all get very fed up of it, sometimes more than others :banghead: The thing is , we just have to do it, as you know, :( I find it helpfull to change the way I think about it when I feel that I am just fed up with it all, just focus on the fact that Im doing it for me, to feel and stay well, and eventually it all becomes routine again like brushing my teeth. Test -Bolus-Eat-Repeat :rolleyes:

I think for most of us it's difficult as we are surrounded by non diabetics, who don't have to do all this, and probably don't understand how it can get you down . It's good that you are here though, because all of us do, and it's healthy to vent about it all from time to time;)

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
this was very helpful. i like the saying test-bolus-eat-repeat. i think I'm a try setting alarms on my phone to help me out a little. I'm happy i joined this because i cry a lot because i really don't have people to talk to about it

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heh! Talk all you want on here :D there's nothing really that someone else hasn't gone through at some point, and there is usually aload of good advice, because we are the people that live with it, day in, day out, and some for a very long time.

The phone alarm is actualy a brilliant idea :) I use mine as a log book too, as I always have my phone with me, and am rubbish about writing things down in a blood glucose diary. With some apps you can record what you ate too, so you don't have to calculate the carbs if you eat the same thing again. Mysugr is a good one, and it's free.A girly tip is to buy yourself a funky new case for your meter, because the ones that come with the meter are usually pretty boring.:rolleyes: The one Im using at the moment came from Primark and is actually a make up bag, I can fit my meter, pens and other stuff in it so it's all in one place, and easier to carry around without looking too "medical":)

Signy

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
where did u get the bag from ? and what phone u have so i could know if my phone have the app ? i really appreciate this

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
its hard and i don't think the doctors realize that. its a life death situation. i been to the hospital so many times already cause it would be a night i would forget to take my lantus smh I'll get better in time with gods help

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
where did u get the bag from ? and what phone u have so i could know if my phone have the app ? i really appreciate this

The bag came from Primark, a high street low cost shop, but anything that takes your fancy will do :D My phone is an Android one, but Mysugr do apps for iPhone too.

Yes, it can be hard, and it IS difficult for people who don't have it to appreciate how much it affects your life. They can imagine and guess , but you do have to live with it yourself to understand , which is why a forum like this is so great - where else can you find so many diabetics swapping stories ? :)

You WILL get better at it all, you have made the first step by admitting you are struggling, that's a great start ! :)

Signy

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey thanks i have a android too. i just downloaded the app. i always use to feel i was the only one in the universe living with diabetes. i guess my mom was right after all, I'm not alone

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
its hard and i don't think the doctors realize that. its a life death situation. i been to the hospital so many times already cause it would be a night i would forget to take my lantus smh I'll get better in time with gods help

You can get pens such as the NovoPen Echo which have a built-in memory function that tell you how much time has passed since you last injected, they can be used for Novorapid/Novolog insulin's, for your lantus you can use devices such as Timesulin that fit on the end of insulin pens, again it records when you last used the pen.

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can get pens such as the NovoPen Echo which have a built-in memory function that tell you how much time has passed since you last injected, they can be used for Novorapid/Novolog insulin's, for your lantus you can use devices such as Timesulin that fit on the end of insulin pens, again it records when you last used the pen.

I forgot about those ! Agreed, they are very useful :)

Signy

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I forgot about those ! Agreed, they are very useful :)

Signy

Obviously they don't prompt you to take your insulin but they are handy for those moments when your unsure if you've injected or not, as I'm sure we've all been there :)

dkd15

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
omgosh. I'm a little upset cause my doctors didn't tell me about this and i always complain to them that i don't be remembering to do so.