LC Plain scone recipes?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone found a LC recipe that makes scones close to the real thing? Living in the land of clotted cream it's very hard to resist a cream tea in the summer!
And for the important question, cream or jam on top? :hungry:

scone.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
id just sub the flour for coconut flour and sweetner , rest add butter and eggs taste just as good to me xx

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Has anyone found a LC recipe that makes scones close to the real thing? Living in the land of clotted cream it's very hard to resist a cream tea in the summer!
And for the important question, cream or jam on top? :hungry:

View attachment 12450

Looks delicious either way rowan, but alas not for me.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just the cream would do, not a big fan of jam :)

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
id just sub the flour for coconut flour and sweetner , rest add butter and eggs taste just as good to me xx

Thanks, does it taste of coconut? I'm not sure about all the flours I'm learning about, coconut, almond, gram etc, can they all be used the same as ordinary flour or are they better for different things?

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
yes u will always get the coconut flavour but i generally use almond or vannilla or some other essence to tone it down or even i use berries in them instead of fruit , i use cocnut flour for all my baking u get used to it but can be bit tricky somtimes as the bake gets crumbly but do try i get mine from asian stores for 13 for ginormus bag lasts me 3 months ahah , my general rule i dont look at diabetic recipies anymore just any u fancy and adapt with flour sweetners etc rest ok for use happy baking and enjoy xx

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thank you. I'm guessing almond flour can be used in the same way?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, I'll give them a go. I have the book, don't know how I missed this recipe! :)

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I use gluten free flour and soya or dairy free spread in all my baking cause of allergies. Xanthan gum is a good natural binder it works for me I pit a teaspoon in most things i bake