Too good to be true? (choc alert!!!)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
http://www.biospectrumasia.com/biospectrum/news/190111/chocolate-plant-treat-obesity-diabetes

Updated on 14 June 2013 Study by Penn State University, US, finds that a few cups of hot cocoa can help he obese to control inflammation linked diseases such as diabetes. It was also found that mice that were fed cocoa supplement had a 27 percent less plasma insulin levels and had 32 percent lower levels of liver triglycerides?

Please, someone debunk this, before I fall headfirst into the nearest industrial vat of low carb hot chocolate.

Reactions: 5 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
http://www.biospectrumasia.com/biospectrum/news/190111/chocolate-plant-treat-obesity-diabetes

Updated on 14 June 2013 Study by Penn State University, US, finds that a few cups of hot cocoa can help he obese to control inflammation linked diseases such as diabetes. It was also found that mice that were fed cocoa supplement had a 27 percent less plasma insulin levels and had 32 percent lower levels of liver triglycerides?

Please, someone debunk this, before I fall headfirst into the nearest industrial vat of low carb hot chocolate.
Hmm i've been having greene and blacks 100% pure cocoa every evening for bedtime drink.....mixed with just 2 tbspns of double cream, lush and good for me , ::))

Reactions: 2 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm i've been having greene and blacks 100% pure cocoa every evening for bedtime drink.....mixed with just 2 tbspns of double cream, lush and good for me , ::))
Me too - I used to drink Ovaltine by the gallon until diabetes came my way, and I've now replaced it with the Greene & Blacks cocoa, but I usually have mine with almond milk and save the cream for my berries.

Together with ground hazelnuts it also makes a tasty chocolate muffin.

Robbity

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I must have posted this recipe on the forum, many times.

But has it ever been more appropriate?

Low Carb Hot Choc

Boil kettle.
Add a heaped teasp of good quality cocoa powder to a big mug
Add 1.5 ish heaped teasp of sugar substitute to mug
Make the powders into a paste with a dribble of water (get rid of the lumps)
Add boiling water and stir until smooth
Top up with double cream.
Add caramel, lemon, orange or mint essences, if desired
Enjoy

All quantities adjustable, to taste

Reactions: 10 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Yes but do that like chocci. I always thought cheese was there thing.

You say chocci I says a little bit of blue and a large glass of red.

Reactions: 6 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got both peppermint and orange essence/extract in my cupboard, but never thought of adding the orange to my cocoa - it goes in the muffins or their cocoa, cream and philly cheese fillings. But I'll maybe try a drop tonight.

Robbity

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You say chocci I says a little bit of blue and a large glass of red.

:eek: EEEEEEK - Migraine alert -migraine alert!! :eek: I once had one of my worst migraines ever with that combination ...

And it came as a great surprise that i could actually eat dark chocolate (of the Lindt variety) without bringing one on! I'd never dared try the dark stuff until diabetes drove me to desperation... (Well not quite.)

Robbity

Reactions: 3 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:eek: EEEEEEK - Migraine alert -migraine alert!! :eek: I once had one of my worst migraines ever with that combination ...

And it came as a great surprise that i could actually eat dark chocolate (of the Lindt variety) without bringing one on! I'd never dared try the dark stuff until diabetes drove me to desperation... (Well not quite.)

Robbity
Yes know what you mean and sympathy for the migranes. Glad that dark chocci get a thumbs up from a lot of advocates here but haven't converted yet.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another Green & Blacks cocoa with cream devotee here, solves all chocolate and sweet cravings :)

Reactions: 6 people