Favourite thing about LCHF?

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's gotta be the cream, for me. With butter a close second.

I struggle to find anything that isn't improved by the addition of one of them.
I've even started drinking tea with a tiny dash of cream (a fraction of the amount of milk I would use). And to my surprise, I now prefer it!

I couldn't have cream with tea, I even hate whole milk with tea, has to be semi or skimmed but at least I get the lactofree now, so not many carbs. but you're right, cream used to be a rare treat for special occasions only!

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me I think it would have to be the mayonnaise I cant say it is without guilt though as I still watch the calories when it comes to Mayo as I could happily eat it all day :D.
I think that I now have a tastier diet than before, I have even now got to the point that I look at bread and think....Why?......
I am 8 stone lighter than when I was diagnosed (and immediately started LCHF).

Reactions: 13 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought I'd miss bread more than anything else, but although I'd like to be able to eat it I can manage perfectly well without it. Really surprised me!

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For me I think it would have to be the mayonnaise I cant say it is without guilt though as I still watch the calories when it comes to Mayo as I could happily eat it all day :D.
I think that I now have a tastier diet than before, I have even now got to the point that I look at bread and think....Why?......

8 stone!! Wow that's amazing!

Cheese is the best thing for me, may have seen me mention in other posts... I'm a cheese addict!

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another vote for mayo here - BLT Omelette with Chipotle Mayo - oh yeah :cool:

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
not standing at the open fridge, 2 hours after I've just eaten..the carbs starving feeling sucks

Reactions: 10 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Freedom from hunger attacks and easily maintaining a lower body weight. [ over 40 kg less !!!]

Reactions: 5 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
:):):)I think 8st is a winner..as far as I have seen in the last 12 mths here :):):)

Reactions: 2 people

Ian DP

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Chips
Fried breakfast (eggs bacon mushrooms).
Loads of mayonnaise on salads..... Salads now much, much nicer than before.
Double cream. Maybe bought one pot a year before diagnosis, now buy a pot every other day.
No hunger feeling and need of snacks between meals.
Less wee visits to the bathroom (this is because my BG levels are lower - because I low carb)
Less visits to the dentist. My gums were bad (often bleeding) before diagnosis. Now thank to LCHF no bleeding, healthy gums. Dentist says this is because I no longer have sugar, I think it is more to do with low BG levels..... Either way it is down to LCHF diet.

Reactions: 8 people

Arab Horse

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As the first sentence says "If we take lower BG, weight loss and other health benefits as a given," as I'm sure we're all happy about that.
But I was wondering about the added benefits, the more light hearted reasons, like the cream, butter, fried bread etc?

As I have never been overweight, I always kept an eye on my weight and was on my feet all day so I got plenty of (gentle) exercise so I could eat those anyway + donuts, cake, pizza, potatoes, chips (how I miss chips!) and anything I wanted in moderation so I really can't think of a light hearted reason but please feel free to try more suggestions as you might find one for me! I would love to have one.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As I have never been overweight, I always kept an eye on my weight and was on my feet all day so I got plenty of (gentle) exercise so I could eat those anyway + donuts, cake, pizza, potatoes, chips (how I miss chips!) and anything I wanted in moderation so I really can't think of a light hearted reason but please feel free to try more suggestions as you might find one for me! I would love to have one.

As I have been overweight for many years, desperately trying to lose weight, I rarely ate those things anyway, so I don't really miss them too much. :)

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Cheese and butter and cream and macadamia nuts and BACON AND EGGS !!!

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And meat fat. I had a real ribeye last week, and I ate the fat (used to think YUK) and it was SO DELICIOUS

Reactions: 4 people

rowan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And meat fat. I had a real ribeye last week, and I ate the fat (used to think YUK) and it was SO DELICIOUS

:yuck: I wish I could, but I drive myself mad at times cutting every tiny scrap of fat and/or skin off before I eat any meat, poultry or fish.

Julie702

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Great excuse to go straight for the steak in pub or restaurant, and at home adding a Stilton and cream sauce with no guilt. Mushrooms sautéed in butter...

I keep my local stores in business with my cream habit :)

Reactions: 2 people