Question re Insight pump...

sassycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I will shortly be switching to the new Insight pump, my hospital are moving several of us from the Accu-chek Combo to the Insight.

With the Combo the one thing I hated was that if I bolused using the pump itself then forgot to check data using the remote it didn't place the bolus data in the proper place in the listings (not in time order, IYSWIM). This then meant any data charts/graphs were useless as it told me the data was out of sequence. This was one of the reasons I stopped using the remote altogether (the other was its battery life, hopefully being rechargeable will work), and just worked out boluses myself using any meter my GP would deign to provide test strips for - don't get me started.... :banghead:

Anyone who's using the Insight had any experiences with this problem with data? I'd be interested to hear, but will probably be online very late so won't reply for ages

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've never seen this issue with my Combo - I often bolus without the meter and direct from pump. My meter always shows correct bolus data ?

Unable to help on the Insight.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'll 'bump' your post up the forum in the hope that other Insight pump users may reply.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Can't say that I experienced that prob with combo. However it is definitely all in time order with Insight.
The only thing three things that may frustrate you compared to the combo are:
The Insight, if you don't test before a meal needs you to press "no" to blood test not "yes" to over ride the blood test question pre bolusing. Getting used to pressing the no in these times doesn't tKe long, but is annoying initially.

The time for the pump to configure the amount of insulin when bolusing is definitely much longer than the combo. Its frustrating when watching the circle appear on the screen watching it until it calculates it.

The remote can take a while to calculate the "trend" under my data.
I don't use it but if I was I would go and make a cup of tea whilst it calculated.
The rest of the 'my data" works well and under the logbook book settings everything is definitely in time order.

Reactions: 6 people

iHs

@sassycat

on the Combo handset there is a sub menu that can be activated by clicking on Stanard on the bolus delivery and then scrolling down to select the way the bolus is delivered....there is an option to select the pump or pen. I sometimes delivered insulin using the pump itself and not the handset and just told the handset afterwards.

Reactions: 4 people

sassycat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Many thanks, everyone, I imagine each pump will have its own peculiarities.

@donnellysdogs thanks for that, here's hoping all goes smoothly with the Insight, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on some new kit!