HOW TO HIDE YOUR PUMP

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
VICK22 put a brilliant site address on for hiding your PUMP
Hid-in.com it's mainly for the ladies I think but some pouches could be used by a man we'll the multi way body band could be. I know Spiker was having some issues.:D

Reactions: 4 people

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use a running belt the type which is like an inner tube with slits in. i buy mine from ebay about £6.50 its like the one that medtronic sell but £20 cheaper i even wear it in bed it so comfy.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been wondering about this as well.

It seems like there are so many tips for women, but i haven't been able to find anything for guys!

I don't a pump just clipped to my belt for the world to see lol Mostly because they are all fairly ugly... I also don't want this massive thing in my pocket all day while I am sitting at my desk because that would be really tight and uncomfortable in slim fitting jeans for 8 hours.

Plus what about when i want to dress up with a shirt and tie, where does it go then!? So far the 'style' aspect has been the biggest issue i have been facing when looking into pumps lol

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
At any wedding(s) my friend has a hiding place she uses
each time .
In a special bag (same colour) she pops it into her bra .
Down the cleavage area too .
Always wears a wrap around styled dress and you cant see
or spot it at all .
Neat idea actually for the ladies !

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use a running belt the type which is like an inner tube with slits in. i buy mine from ebay about £6.50 its like the one that medtronic sell but £20 cheaper i even wear it in bed it so comfy.
Mountain Warehouse do soemthing similar, I think I bought one for about a fiver, holds my gels, snack bars etc when out running shorter distances

EDIT - could also hold the pump quite easily under a shirt or while sleeping

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have been wondering about this as well.

It seems like there are so many tips for women, but i haven't been able to find anything for guys!

I don't a pump just clipped to my belt for the world to see lol Mostly because they are all fairly ugly... I also don't want this massive thing in my pocket all day while I am sitting at my desk because that would be really tight and uncomfortable in slim fitting jeans for 8 hours.

Plus what about when i want to dress up with a shirt and tie, where does it go then!? So far the 'style' aspect has been the biggest issue i have been facing when looking into pumps lol

I've taken to puting mine in a trouser pocket but running the tube underneathe the belt 1) controls the excess tubing so reducing snag risk, 2) minimises visible bit of tubing

Other alternatives, belt clips that make it look like you have a pager to those that dont look closely

iHs

For the girls.....a cheap lycra type bra is great for shoving pump in vertical in the centre or diagonal
at the side of the bra cup. Put pump in a baby sock if need be.

For blokes.....put pump in a pocket and using a stanley knife, create a cross slit towards the top on the iback inside of pocket so that tube can go through the slit and to the set. This enables the pocket to still hold money etc.

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ElyDave - Yeah i figured that would be the best option for when I am standing and out and about. I thought the under the belt thing would be a good idea, and I am glad to hear it confirmed.

I don't know how baggy everyone jeans are, but as soon as I sit down, having anything but coins in my pocket becomes a problem. I cant even sit in my car with my iPhone 5s in my pocket because its to uncomfortable.

Before anyone complains about my pants choice - they are normal slim, straight leg jeans that are the norm for use young people to be wearing. I am not old enough for those baggy 'dad jeans' lol

I can't imagine sitting with a pump in my pocket for 8 hours at work.

I was hoping i would be able to find some type of nice belt clip/pouch for an Animas Vibe.. Like something i can slide on my belt, with a single botton closure, in a classy brown or black leather.. I really don't want people to be able to SEE the pump on my belt :/ I'd rather it just be a nice pouch.

The T:Slim has a really nice one, does anyone know where i can get one to fit a vibe?

Tallpaul79

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have a combo and during the day have always worn it hanging around my neck in a pouch, tubing is then always under my clothes and have no bother when changing trousers. Also it holds my pump vertically with the tubing coming out of the bottom meaning I never have issues with bubbles.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For men's formal or work clothes the best bet is to make protected holes in the trouser pockets so the pump can sit in your pocket. It's still not ideal for a non remote pump like the Vibe. You need extra tubing length to be able to pull the pump out to operate it but then you get too much tubing in the pocket. I tried looping the tubing but haven't found a way that works reliably yet.

Also the trouser pocket holes need to be as wide as the widest part you need to remove. So for the Vibe that's not the tubing diameter but the width of the spade connector that clips to the cannula - a lot wider. The alternative is to have to unscrew the reservoir luer connector when removing the pump - not an easy or safe operation.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
For casual wear I might get a Spibelt but generally I just wear it clipped on the outside of my jeans as I don't give a **** about hiding it except when I am at work.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't know how baggy everyone jeans are, but as soon as I sit down, having anything but coins in my pocket becomes a problem. I cant even sit in my car with my iPhone 5s in my pocket because its to uncomfortable.

Before anyone complains about my pants choice - they are normal slim, straight leg jeans that are the norm for use young people to be wearing. I am not old enough for those baggy 'dad jeans' lol

I can't imagine sitting with a pump in my pocket for 8 hours at work.
I can't get my Vibe into my jeans pocket that easily either, despite lacking your young supermodel physique. ;-) I can do it but it's awkward and like you said I can't have anything else in that pocket. Clipping the belt clip to the outside of the pocket, with the pump inside, helps keep it comfortable and in place.

But office suit trousers are cut a lot more generously (mine are anyway) and it's not noticeable, though I do have to make sure the belt clip is removed or just not facing against my skin, otherwise that chafes.

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
VICK22 put a brilliant site address on for hiding your PUMP
Hid-in.com it's mainly for the ladies I think but some pouches could be used by a man we'll the multi way body band could be. I know Spiker was having some issues.:D

I've got a Hid-in band, personally I'd say it's unisex, comes in black, nothing girly about it, extremely comfortable. Strap is adjustable so can be worn anywhere on body, love mine, just wish I had a pump that had a decent remote so I didn't actually have to still access the pump if I put it somewhere fiddly but I just have to get over that issue lol

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't get my Vibe into my jeans pocket that easily either, despite lacking your young supermodel physique. ;-) I can do it but it's awkward and like you said I can't have anything else in that pocket. Clipping the belt clip to the outside of the pocket, with the pump inside, helps keep it comfortable and in place.

But office suit trousers are cut a lot more generously (mine are anyway) and it's not noticeable, though I do have to make sure the belt clip is removed or just not facing against my skin, otherwise that chafes.

Well, yes, we all know my young supermodel physique causes quite the stir when anything needs to be held that closes against it for such a long period of time.

I honestly think its just jeans in general, they tend to have shallow, tight, pockets, ment for little more then coins these days. I think perhaps I am over-reacting.. I now think i shall have little issue with wearing a Vibe clipped to the outside of my belt, seeing as its keeping me alive - I will cut it some slack.

Reactions: 8 people

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
I now think i shall have little issue with wearing a Vibe clipped to the outside of my belt, seeing as its keeping me alive - I will cut it some slack.

That's how I wore it when I trialled the Vibe a few weeks ago and it was fine. Just clipped it to the top of my trousers or on my pocket. When I went to bed I just clipped it to the top of my PJ bottoms and worked a treat (and I am a wrestles sleeper too!!)

Although wearing it on the top of your trousers can be a bit annoying when you're a woman and you have to go to the loo!! Lol! I'm thinking I'll get myself one of those spibelts to keep it tucked away so there's no trailing tubing when I do go to the loo or keep it in a neck pouch if I'm wearing a dress. ;-)

Have any of the lady pumpers seen this website: http://shop.hankypancreas.com/

iHs

Normally I shove the Vibe vertical under the middle of my lycra bra but today I wore a normal bra and just used the black clip on the back of the Vibe
And hooked it under the middle without any problem. The clip is very good. I didnt like the look of the Spibelt as too much elastic for me.