jet lag and high bs levels

linda321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just come back from a wonderful 4 week holiday in Australia and New Zealand. The only downside is that my BS levels have been all over the place! I am on Novomix30 - 2 injections per day, and have kept to a reasonably low carb diet (no potatoes, rice, bread, pasta etc). I can understand the levels being high on holiday as I was eating at different times and doing far less exercise than normal.

But i have been back for 1 week now, and levels are still all over the place! Ranging from a low of 3.5 to highs of 15. I am now over the symptoms of jet lag, and back into my usual routine of eating at set times and exercise.Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get my BS back to normal?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I have just come back from a wonderful 4 week holiday in Australia and New Zealand. The only downside is that my BS levels have been all over the place! I am on Novomix30 - 2 injections per day, and have kept to a reasonably low carb diet (no potatoes, rice, bread, pasta etc). I can understand the levels being high on holiday as I was eating at different times and doing far less exercise than normal.

But i have been back for 1 week now, and levels are still all over the place! Ranging from a low of 3.5 to highs of 15. I am now over the symptoms of jet lag, and back into my usual routine of eating at set times and exercise.Has anyone else experienced this? How can I get my BS back to normal?
Hi Linda321, happy you enjoyed your lovely hol' , best way to get back in control, is eat to your meter , 3 regular low carb high fat meals a day with control on the portions, hope you settle down soon, ::))

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I've done several long haul flights, since diagnosis, but fiportunately, I don't usually suffer too badly with jet lag.

I'd have a week (or two) hard core on whatever your glucose control regime is. In other words, stick LC, or whatever. It's so easy to experience a bit of carb creep and reduced exercise when away, and easy just to keep going when we get back - especially when jet lag is messing us around too. I'd also try to get my exercise and sleep patterns well and truly back on track too, so that I could be sure I was normalised. If levels still up then, it might be time for a chat with the medics?