How much weight have YOU lost?

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, i'll quit nagging ;):hilarious:. I'm glad that you are getting such good care at the Cardiac Rehab centre and they are giving you advice and guidance.
It must be very difficult balancing the low fat/low carb eating plan but i'm sure you will succeed, as you seem quite determined. High Five!
Cardiac rehab staff are excellent, can't fault them and the exercise regime is slowly building up and more intense every week. This morning after that massive tea last night my reading was 6.1 which will allow me to have 2 slices of egg on toast and that should get me to around the 7.5 - 8 figure. By dinner time I'll be in the 5 - 6's again. High five to you too Janiept.
high five.gif

Reactions: 2 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow - lots of bread, is that a good idea?
For some maybe not but as my B S levels stay within the range i've set (5 - 8) I don't see a problem.
I have been testing different foods on a very regular bases and have found I feel at my best in this range and not at the range some others on here find comfortable (4 's). I feel sick in the 4's and tired. I have also, unlike most diabetics got to eat stuff that supports my heart due to the heart attack I had earlier so an LCHF diet wasn't right for me, so I have had to balance the 2 out . Don't get me wrong, I still stick to the LCHF diet most of the time but do add in some carbs. The exercise part gets rid of the carbs side.

Dilly40

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost just over a stone in about 4weeks, not sure how much I need to lose I am 5f 2' 10stone 5 and age 42. I was diagnosed with T2 in the middle of January 2015.

Reactions: 3 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost just over a stone in about 4weeks, not sure how much I need to lose I am 5f 2' 10stone 5 and age 42. I was diagnosed with T2 in the middle of January 2015.

Here you go, I've calculated it for you 10st 5 lb=145 lbs. height 5' 2".............bmi=26.5.........just overweight according to the chart.
bmi.JPG

Skydog76

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rap Music, Football, Rugby Union, Hipsters, The EU
Been to the Diabetic clinic this morning amd have lost 22lbs/10kg/1.5 stone, totally buzzing as i've had a few bad weeks feeling down in the dumps and abusing chocolate and pies, todays news was what i needed, it's back onto healthy eating and excercise tomorrow

Reactions: 8 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 32kgs in 25 weeks doing the Newcastle Diet

Now on a low carb diet and maintaining my weight.

Reactions: 12 people

scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How are your BG numbers now? Amazing weight loss effort by the way!

Thanks @vit90 - BG numbers are great - constantly 4's and 5's - no longer on meds and thankfully off insulin. HbA1c six months ago was 5.7 and just now in March 5.4.
I'll be brutally honest - I could do with losing a couple more kilos but starting to get a bit of saggy skin. BMI of 26.2 isn't so bad so happy to maintain my weight as it is. Been low carbing for nearly four months now and weight has stayed the same.

Cheers

Jim

Reactions: 8 people

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weight hasnt gone down for weeks, maybe 8 weeks, yet i do 4 or 5 hours gym a week and im not pigging out, roll on better weather and the salad days....

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm happy to proceed at this rate. More importantly, I have managed to lower my bg levels and get down to near normal readings in the last week. I am exercising an hour a day (with added motivation from Jamrox) low carb high veg increased protein... working well with a few tweaks. Thanks for asking

Eating and exercising my way from manic to moderate Miriam.... and a steady blood glucose.

I've lost 8 lbs in 4 weeks. I'm happy to proceed at this rate. More importantly, I have managed to lower my bg levels and get down to near normal readings in the last week. I am exercising an hour a day (with added motivation from Jamrox) low carb high vegetarian increased protein. thx

Great minds obviously think alike;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @vit90 - BG numbers are great - constantly 4's and 5's - no longer on meds and thankfully off insulin. HbA1c six months ago was 5.7 and just now in March 5.4.
I'll be brutally honest - I could do with losing a couple more kilos but starting to get a bit of saggy skin. BMI of 26.2 isn't so bad so happy to maintain my weight as it is. Been low carbing for nearly four months now and weight has stayed the same.

Cheers

Jim

I didn't lose masses of weight, but like any other 35++, my skin shrinks more slowly than my waistline did. A year on, my body/skin tone has improved, just in the last couple of months, so I would suggest if you'd like to trim a bit more, you crack on, perhaps into the healthy BMI range? It's a great mental ceiling, not to allow the upward creep out of the healthy range, I found.

Good luck with it all.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since last summer I have lost over 10kg and my BMI is now 23.7 compared to 26.8. I had already reduced from a BMI of over 31 to 26.8 over a long period of time. I have lost a quarter of the weight I was 8-9 years ago. However, my BG levels, although under control thanks to watching carbs, are not as low as I want them to be so I am now aiming to lose another stone (6.4kg) and this would bring my BMI down to 21.8. I saw friends yesterday I had not seen for a few months and they were quite concerned at my weight loss but a BMI of mid-23s is not at all problematic and 21.8 is only just the other side of the mid-way point of 'normal'.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nearly 30kg (4st 10lb) lost now since the middle of November, with my target getting ever closer. Got a whole new wardrobe and wearing medium size clothes for the first time in 20 years :)

Reactions: 20 people

Lmm19

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,
I have lost 16lbs since the end of Jan on LCHF diet. It's slowly coming off! I have mobility problems, but do have dogs to walk and I have just started cycling eveyday so hopefully the weight will come off as the weeks go by. A big thankyou to this forum and the people on it for being such a big help xx

Reactions: 6 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My weight has not budged, and I have at least 2 1/2 stones to lose to get to a healthy bmi. (Would like to lose more, but will see.) Today I have started a food log to record amount of carbs consumed and blood meter readings. Trying to keep to 50g carbs per day, as when I did this back in 2012 I lost weight and felt much better.

I know I need to start exercising as well, so will start off with walking.

Good Luck to all,

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My weight has not budged, and I have at least 2 1/2 stones to get to a healthy bmi (Would like to lose more, but will see.) Today I have started a food log to record amount of carbs consumed and blood meter readings. Trying to keep to 50g per day, as when I did this back in 2012 I lost weight and felt much better.

I know I need to start exercising as well, so will start off with walking.

Good Luck to all,

You may also need to keep an eye on protein levels as well. I think recommended carbs for a ketogenic diet is well under 50g per day and more like 30. Protein I think is under 100g, but you should check. Sadly just getting a healthy bmi may only be half the job too. I'm 23 point something but still no breakthrough with BG levels.