Dexcom G4 CGM sensor - current Animas pricing

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just bought a 4 pack for £186, VAT free, so that's £46.50 per sensor. This is the Animas price for Animas Vibe pump users. The price from Advanced Therapeutics for non-Vibe users is more, unfortunately. Presumably this is because Animas only subsidise their own users.

As noted elsewhere these sensors are rated for one week but with careful techniques they can be re-used and "stretched" for 3-4 weeks consistently, or even longer.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey Spiker I have wondered if we could pair up with local non animas users and 'supply' sensors... does that sound like a drug dealer type thing to anyone else LOL

I know its more complicated than that though :(

Reactions: 4 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What's ATP UK's current pricing - i.e. how much would the savings be?
The savings would at least need to cover postage. Then you've got the issue of returns, malfunctions etc - it might have to be a "no refunds" kind of thing. Like proper dodgy dealing. :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
£257.50 for 4, from ATP UK. I'm not sure if that includes delivery. So £64.38/sensor. £17.88 per sensor cheaper from Animas. 28% less. That's pretty significant.

By the way Eng, good to hear from you again. :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I think you will find Animas are running at a loss as they don't even charge postage. John is supposed to be the sole provider for the Dexcom. He I suspect has very little mark up and can only provide on the prices Dexcom set. I would also suspect that Animas would close customer accounts if we ordered more on behalf of others. Nice thought though :)

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think you will find Animas are running at a loss as they don't even charge postage. John is supposed to be the sole provider for the Dexcom. He I suspect has very little mark up and can only provide on the prices Dexcom set. I would also suspect that Animas would close customer accounts if we ordered more on behalf of others. Nice thought though :)
Yeah but we could order one sensor a week each without arousing any suspicion at all right? :)

Reactions: 2 people

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yeah but we could order one sensor a week each without arousing any suspicion at all right? :)
Then you pay for the postage to the other person so it soon adds up :(
It would be so much better if Dexcom just lowered their prices.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Saving £18 per sensor, let alone £70 a pack, is worth some postage.

Does anyone know the US pricing?

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
That is a considerable saving! I am actually now considering the Vibe purely because I would like to get a Dexcom and this saving is significant!!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

that was exactly my thought.

I'm sorry I've been absent, I've neglected myself considerably and its showing in my hba1c and all. I'm back on Dex from today and low carbing again from next week.

Hope your feeling better!

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Then you pay for the postage to the other person so it soon adds up :(
It would be so much better if Dexcom just lowered their prices.

I would fully expect the other person to pick them up or pay the postage, If I'm saving them £70 or thereabouts!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
that was exactly my thought.

I'm sorry I've been absent, I've neglected myself considerably and its showing in my hba1c and all. I'm back on Dex from today and low carbing again from next week.

Hope your feeling better!
Same here. Good to see you back Eng. I've bought sensors too. I'll have to make economies somewhere else to afford them.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you know anyone that wants a go at replacing the transmitter battery? that was my issue, I had to wait until bonus times!

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you know anyone that wants a go at replacing the transmitter battery? that was my issue, I had to wait until bonus times!
I might have a go when this transmitter dies, it's gone over the 12 months so being nice to it and hoping it lasts a bit longer.
Last sensor I took out on the 33 day mark as had an MRI scan booked, so at least they still working ok :)

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I would fully expect the other person to pick them up or pay the postage, If I'm saving them £70 or thereabouts!
I quite agree as long as they are within travel distance.
Easiest option would be say I have a box of 4 sensors if you want one sensor this is what I paid for them and do a deal that way, don't get involved in ordering specially for them. You could end up with a mine field.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I might have a go when this transmitter dies, it's gone over the 12 months so being nice to it and hoping it lasts a bit longer.
Last sensor I took out on the 33 day mark as had an MRI scan booked, so at least they still working ok :)

Do you want my old one? it may have a couple of days left on it

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Do you want my old one? it may have a couple of days left on it
That's a lovely offer thank you @Engineer88 I think I would rather have a go with this one first as suspect it will be a no no for being able to do anything with it as my fingers are quite stiff. If I succeed though I will let you know and have a go at yours as well. :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's a lovely offer thank you @Engineer88 I think I would rather have a go with this one first as suspect it will be a no no for being able to do anything with it as my fingers are quite stiff. If I succeed though I will let you know and have a go at yours as well. :)

I consider it scrap so let me know!