The D files.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
OK there was this time. I would have been about 10/11 years old. I was on the train coming home from school and I could see over into the next section of our carriage (old style set out) a really old woman sat on her own. I mean if she wasn't in her nineties than she was at least 89 !

She was weather beaten, red of face and beyond dishevelled. She kept glaring at me and not in a particularly nice way either.

When the train pulled into my stop I got up to open my door to alight and as I was doing so I looked up and she was standing up looking directly over at me. She then shouted at me "your a hees man you are, a hees man" (or thats what I thought she said !)

Anyway as I got off the train and made my way to the bottom of the stairs I turned to see if I could see her on the carriage as the train started to pass me and she was not there. She was not on the carriage I had just got off !

I got home quite shaken by this and I told my mum. She asked me a couple of times what this old woman shouted and I stated that it sounded like "hees man"

My mum looked quite shaken also and when I asked her what was up she told me that her mums (my nan) mums mothers maiden name was Heasman (that's four mums back including my mine !)

My mum said she had no idea who this woman could be !

I never saw that old woman ever again but I remember her stare and her words, "your a Heasman you are, a Heasman" !

I truly believe that woman was dead !

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I'm one of the truly gifted ones.
I see and hear nothing that I can't immediately identify as of this world.
My dreams are fantastic .... almost full length feature films or alternative lives but once I've rubbed the sleep from eyes it's all quite well balanced and boring thank you.

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I'm one of the truly gifted ones.
I see and hear nothing that I can't immediately identify as of this world.
My dreams are fantastic .... almost full length feature films or alternative lives but once I've rubbed the sleep from eyes it's all quite well balanced and boring thank you.

Hi Jack,

What you just said could be because you are infact "not of this world" and that because you are "not of this world" everything about you is obviously "not of this world" either.

So the "not of this world " scenario for you will not register as your not of it in the first place !

Scary thought eh !

Reactions: 2 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Hi Jack,

What you just said could be because you are infact "not of this world" and that because you are "not of this world" everything about you is obviously "not of this world" either.

So the "not of this world " scenario for you will not register as your not of it in the first place !

Scary thought eh !
Don't complicate it like that!!!!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Where are all the techie science heads with the links...? I need a dose of common sense... ;):p

Is there evidence of a link between "paranormal"l experiences & diagnossi of progressive Dementia or Alzheimer's in later life..?
Regardless of diabetes or not being a higher risk factor of this condition..

021-the-x-files-theredlist.jpg

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What was Mulder doing when this photo was taken? ;-)

I do have a weakness for Scully / Gillian Anderson. Formative influences etc. I can't help myself. Plus she reminds me of @Brunneria ;-)

Reactions: 8 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Where are all the techie science heads with the links...? I need a dose of common sense... ;):p

Is there evidence of a link between "paranormal"l experiences & diagnossi of progressive Dementia or Alzheimer's in later life..?
Regardless of diabetes or not being a higher risk factor of this condition..

" There's got to be a perfectly reasonable scientific explanation for this. "

OK basically Alzheimers = Type 3 diabetes = the glucose turning all our brains to mush. So we are all loopy. Or so the aliens told me during an out of body near death experience when they abducted me while I was channeling my past life as Pharaoh Rameses XIX. :-D

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
I ponder strange things sometimes and I find the existence of the universe strange.
It shouldn't really exist when approached scientifically.
If there's no God why is there all this stuff?
All this stuff being every single atom of the universe or universes.
When examined it's a shock to discover there is more empty space than actual material.
In everything be it the galaxies or me and you or the coffee table in your living room.
So all this stuff .... in truth is there's not actually much stuff.
It's all empty space with a few atoms floating about.
A few atoms existing because of massive energy sources.
If the energy that keeps all these atoms spinning away fluctuated slightly for an enth of a second then reality would cease to exist ... instantly.
The few atoms that make up a person or a universe are sparse compared to the vast emptiness.
The nothingness is huge where the atoms reside.
The atoms create an illusion of solidity but the reality is nothing is solid.
The space on the other hand touches itself at all parts and creates no illusion.
Is the empty space a more real place with a greater reality than the illusion created by atoms spinning at the speed of light?
Is the space the place where God lives?
It would explain how God can be said to be everywhere ....
The space is everywhere the atoms not.
Everything that exists in our reality is made of matter.
Everything even light is made of matter.
Everything that is other than an idea a passing thought.
So me and you ... our personalities our egos are not made of matter.
Therefore not of this world.
Not part of the atomic illusion but part of the empty space the none material part of the universe.
Is this flesh and blood just a receiver of our personalities?
A flesh and blood creation of matter that our none matter selves can experience the world of matter through?

No I haven't taken any illegal substances for years and it can't be the Metformin!

Reactions: 7 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@JACKTHELAD, "This thinking of Nothing is killing", as the great philosopher Mr D. Jones (nee Bowie) once said.

I am going to quibble slightly and say that light is energy, not matter, though all matter and energy can be considered equivalent as "mass-energy", thanks to young Mr Einstein and his amusing equation.

But I completely agree about the staggering unfeasibility of everything. It's about as likely as someone dropping a needle from a plane, it landing point first exactly on top of the point of the only upward pointing needle anywhere on Earth, balancing there, and remaining balanced there for ten billion years.

Reactions: 6 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
@JACKTHELAD, "This thinking of Nothing is killing", as the great philosopher Mr D. Jones (nee Bowie) once said.

I am going to quibble slightly and say that light is energy, not matter, though all matter and energy can be considered equivalent as "mass-energy", thanks to young Mr Einstein and his amusing equation.

But I completely agree about the staggering unfeasibility of everything. It's about as likely as someone dropping a needle from a plane, it landing point first exactly on top of the point of the only upward pointing needle anywhere on Earth, balancing there, and remaining balanced there for ten billion years.
But light can be ... pulled down by gravity .... photons.
Funny thing is even atoms aren't solid.
The whole thing seems to be one great vibration.
I think the big hardon collider might show some amazing things.
Like hover boards might become a reality which would mean gravity becoming an energy source.
Imagine aircraft using hover board technology.
If they learn how to rearrange the atomic structure of things anything at all will be able to be manufatured.
Gold from lead!
The scary bit is will they discover and endless supply of free energy?
The entire universe is made of energy imagine tapping into that as our energy source.

Was Noah and his ark real?
If so the story says he was sealed in ... how could he see what he was doing?
Ark lights?
Flood lights?

How did they see inside the pyramids?
Total blackness.
No traces of carbon on the walls and ceilings from lit torches.
Someone had an energy source ....

I'm rambling time for a bacon sandwich even though it's all an illusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Consciousness – how can a kilogram or so of nerve cells conjure up the seamless kaleidoscope of sensations, thoughts and emotions that occupy our every waking moment.
If I could take a human brain put it in a jar and keep it alive by feeding it all the right nutrients etc and wire up all the important stuff to a powerful computer could I create a reality for that brain ... that person inside that brain?
I could feed images sounds smells and physical sensations of being on a warm beach.
Memories of a family and a job in a far off place that it must return to tomorrow as the week at the beach is coming to an end.
The sensations and the belief and the entire experience of getting on the plane arriving back home smelling the fresh cut grass confronting lifes problems but first ... take the dog for a walk and then have a meal and a beer .... yet all the time the brain ... the consciousness ... the person is really encased in a glass jar on a laboratory table.
If I were a scientist I'd like to do that stuff.
Yes I'd be a mad scientist with wild white hair and a maniacal laugh.
I bet most of you would feel sorry for the person in the jar ..... even though he just won the lottery and and life was just humming along nicely ....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Consciousness – how can a kilogram or so of nerve cells conjure up the seamless kaleidoscope of sensations, thoughts and emotions that occupy our every waking moment.
If I could take a human brain put it in a jar and keep it alive by feeding it all the right nutrients etc and wire up all the important stuff to a powerful computer could I create a reality for that brain ... that person inside that brain?
I could feed images sounds smells and physical sensations of being on a warm beach.
Memories of a family and a job in a far off place that it must return to tomorrow as the week at the beach is coming to an end.
The sensations and the belief and the entire experience of getting on the plane arriving back home smelling the fresh cut grass confronting lifes problems but first ... take the dog for a walk and then have a meal and a beer .... yet all the time the brain ... the consciousness ... the person is really encased in a glass jar on a laboratory table.
If I were a scientist I'd like to do that stuff.
Yes I'd be a mad scientist with wild white hair and a maniacal laugh.
I bet most of you would feel sorry for the person in the jar ..... even though he just won the lottery and and life was just humming along nicely ....

I see where your coming from JTL Which brings it to this...;)

matrixpills.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
A few years ago I was reading some stuff by a Muslim philosopher.
He was trying to figure out who what and where we really are.
He was also a brain surgeon.
He asked the question ... what do we see with?
Most people will answer with the eyes but they'd only be partially right because we actually see with the brain.
We also hear with the brain smell and taste with it.
All the wiring and sensors go to the right places for the information to be read and interpreted.
They all cross over too so that smell or taste can trigger a memory to do with something seemingly unrelated.
He wanted to know what consciousness ID and ego really are.
The visual bit.
We have eyes that take in light.
The light triggers a series of very complex events which basically changes the light into electro chemical digital information which is sent to the visual cortex. The visual cortex is a tiny thing nestled deep in the folds of the brain somewhere roughly centre ... in a dark warm place.
In fact in a pitch black place.
No light ever enters into the skull unless someone hits you with an ice pick.
But a lot of decoding goes on in this tiny visual cortex that has never ever been exposed to light of any kind and what happens ... a full HD video is played of what the visual cortex has interpreted is going on on the outside of your skull.
Who is watching this video?
How are they watching this video?
Where are they positioned to watch this video and how are they positioned there?