Breakfast cereal

tinka21

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Any breakfast cereals out there that are low in carbs, usually have porridge and toast, dont have the time or appetite to mess about frying eggs etc. cheers

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
i havn,t come across any cereals that are good

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Make a big Spanish omelette the night before, pop in the fridge, and next morning cut a slice and micro for a minute.

Reactions: 2 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
If you're really in a rush you could try full fat Greek yoghurt with a few brazil nuts and/or red berries.

But it only takes a couple of minutes to fry an egg, no more than making porridge.

Reactions: 4 people

Simon84

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
gave up with cireals,,,all of them put me sugars over 20,,even weetabix

Reactions: 3 people

brottonmoores

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Weetabix caused major highs porridge was slightly better but I generally avoid cereals altogether along with bread/toast
Jan
Type 2

Reactions: 2 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
For me, frying up some eggs takes about as long as it takes my coffee to brew (about 6 minutes). Last time I made porridge (steel cut oats) it took 20 minutes.

However, I did find this online, so there are low carb breakfast cereals out there somewhere:

http://www.easylowcarbdesserts.com/low-carb-cereal/

Of course, I have no idea if any are actually healthy.

lizzi51

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Aldi sell something called Harvest Morn Golden Linseed Crunch - carbohydrates are 2.6g per 25g serving. It is quite nice if you mix a small amount of it with Greek style yogurt. I think some of the egg meals suggested above are more filling, though - protein and fat seem to keep hunger at bay for longer, or at least that's what I find.