Type 1 newly diagnosed

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone else get down and fed up with it all. I do have hip and back problems which I have had to give up work for but things just getting on top of me

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Dealing with other health problems doesn't help matters as diabetes can be enough to contend with when your newly diagnosed, I suppose we all get fed-up when things don't go well so your not alone Tylers73.

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't even use this app right!!!! At mo just don't want to even get out of bed!!

June_C

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes, know it alls
Does anyone else get down and fed up with it all. I do have hip and back problems which I have had to give up work for but things just getting on top of me
I'm newly diagnosed and suffer from fedupness. My whole life has been turned on its head, but have just taken the attitude that this is what life has dished out to me and I have to get on with it. It's not easy by any means, but the condition isn't terminal, it's just a pain in the neck. Ask to speak to your DSN if you feel you need some support. That's what they're there for.

Reactions: 5 people

Tylers73

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have left messages but they still returning my calls maybe you have better support where you are

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Have left messages but they still returning my calls maybe you have better support where you are

Speak with your consultants secretary, they will make sure you get a call-back.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think we all get fed up with it from time to time. Sometimes we get really really fed up with it and that's called Diabetes Burnout. Your hospital clinic will be well aware that sometimes the biggest challenge we face is to keep our spirits up. Which is not possible to do 365 days a year, year in year out. They will have someone you can talk to about it. Let them know you are finding all really hard. As soon as you get an appointment that is. Clinics and nurses do get really busy. They will call you back as soon as they can. If you are really feeling bad, let them know that too.