Insight pump battery

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Seems like people do have problems with the Teflon cannulas I've been on these for 15 years and only had problems twice are the
Insight Teflon cannulas so much different than the Tenderlink used on Combo

I think (to be honest) that it depends quite alot on your size and fat.
I've always been too much of a coward to use tenderlink to be honest as I thought I could see it lengthways through my skin when I tried one!! Probably just my absolute fear of the hospital cannulas they put in.

Not tried the tenderlinks.. If anything it would just be when you prime them but think you do that after insertion anyway.

Our DSN (who is an old rep for accuchek) said that the straight 90degree plastic sets have never been recommended for lean muscly people like me. Just a pity it took 4.5 years for somebody to actually confirm it.:):) I knew that for myself but could spare other lean persons a tough time...

masonbason63

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Being type 1, my health and what really grates me are false people who make themselves out to be something when their not
I think (to be honest) that it depends quite alot on your size and fat.
I've always been too much of a coward to use tenderlink to be honest as I thought I could see it lengthways through my skin when I tried one!! Probably just my absolute fear of the hospital cannulas they put in.

Not tried the tenderlinks.. If anything it would just be when you prime them but think you do that after insertion anyway.

Our DSN (who is an old rep for accuchek) said that the straight 90degree plastic sets have never been recommended for lean muscly people like me. Just a pity it took 4.5 years for somebody to actually confirm it.:):) I knew that for myself but could spare other lean persons a tough time...
I agree with what you saying as I do have a little bit of flesh around my tum but I was thinner 15 yrs ago and I did try the rapids but it just felt like popping in a drawing pin if you know what I mean, it just felt right to have to have a proper cannula in like you would if you went into hospital but I see what you mean by you being so lean.:nurse:

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Also my first hypo 30 years ago was very severe. I had 4 paramedics and my gp snd my hubby. The poor gp tried to get an cannula in me for a drip and I whallopped him one....even though I couldn't help myself for that first hypo, somehow I knew what they were trying to do and apparently I really did thump him. I apologised profusely the next day!! However, the fear of that "proper" cannula has never left me!! Lol:):). Never had a hypo like that 1st one since!! (Thank goodness)

Reactions: 2 people