What's the weather where you're at.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grey, cold and drizzly today. Apparently it's a perfect afternoon to go to West Quay (big shopping centre in So'ton) to look at tellies in John Lewis. If I'm really lucky, we will then go on to IKEA (#ninecirclesofhell) to look for a TV stand. Assuming we find a suitable TV, that is.

Be still, my beating heart :***:

Reactions: 2 people

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grey, cold and drizzly today. Apparently it's a perfect afternoon to go to West Quay (big shopping centre in So'ton) to look at tellies in John Lewis. If I'm really lucky, we will then go on to IKEA (#ninecirclesofhell) to look for a TV stand. Assuming we find a suitable TV, that is.

Be still, my beating heart :***:
Well, that was fun. Road works round West Quay meant that it took 50 minutes to get out of the car park before we even started fighting our way through the traffic to get out of Southampton. Total door to door journey time - about 15 miles - was an hour and a half.

We're after a particular model of telly: the shop had more than 10 in stock according to their website, before we set off, and was out of stock by the time we got there, though we have put in an order for one of the next batch to come in. Thus thwarted, we moved on to IKEA (#ninecirclesofhell) to see if they had anything suitable in the telly stand genre: needless to say, they didn't.

An afternoon wasted, I knew I should have stayed at home :D

C

chris lowe

Well, that was fun. Road works round West Quay meant that it took 50 minutes to get out of the car park before we even started fighting our way through the traffic to get out of Southampton. Total door to door journey time - about 15 miles - was an hour and a half.

We're after a particular model of telly: the shop had more than 10 in stock according to their website, before we set off, and was out of stock by the time we got there, though we have put in an order for one of the next batch to come in. Thus thwarted, we moved on to IKEA (#ninecirclesofhell) to see if they had anything suitable in the telly stand genre: needless to say, they didn't.

An afternoon wasted, I knew I should have stayed at home :D
I've never been to West Quay without a traffic jam or accident on M27. Went to Petersfield this morning and the cloud was very low over Butser hill. Got halfway there & Mr Chris wanted to know if he'd locked the back door (he headn't as we found out when we got back) couldn't phone next door to get him to check as I'd forgotten my phone. Petersfield was rainy. It's now blowing a hooley. Not seen the forecast so don't know what to expect tomorrow.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a rule, I never go to West Quay, full stop.

This afternoon, I have reminded myself why :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's now blowing a hooley. Not seen the forecast so don't know what to expect tomorrow.

According to the BBC, rain most of the day and blowing a hooley again. On the plus side, the rain and cloud will clear, late in the day, and there will be some sunshine by 7.00 pm - and since the clocks will have gone forward, it will still be daylight at that point, so we'll be able to see it.

I like to look on the bright side if I can :D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Heavy rain forecast for all day in Switzerland. BUT it's nice and sunny now and 12C! Birds busy collecting materials to build their nests. One under the tiles of our garage roof.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Grey, wet and windy as promised.

Just been 'phoned by a couple of friends who have been spending the weekend at Bournemouth and were going to drop in for a cup of tea this afternoon on their way home to the Midlands, to ask if they could stop by at lunchtime instead. It appears that sitting in the car at Mudeford Quay, watching people walking sideways to avoid being blown off their feet, is fascinating and amusing for a little while but starts to lose its appeal after about half an hour.... :D

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wet, cloudy, sunny, wind, dry, rainy, wet, gales, bit of sun, cloudy, probably snow, rain, cloud, windy, sunshine.........................7.30am :(:(:(
20150331_072845.jpg

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Clouds seem to be clearing now with a bit of blue sky showing. Might be a nice day later.
20150331_075300.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, the sun is trying to come out, but I think it's sunshine and showers all week, don't know about the weather over Easter yet :wideyed: :rolleyes:

Have a good day everyone :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi all just read the daily mail article good health, tragic case of michael green t2 diabetic........very sobering ,for all diabetics not just t2, which highlights the hidden dangers we all face if we do not take this seriously.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
After a a battering by the gales last night went very quiet the last few hours but .... it's back.
Building up again and getting very blustery.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning, the sun is trying to come out

It's now succeeded (I'm in a similar part of the world to RRB, I think): there is cloud as well, but the sun has it, at the moment. Some rain later, apparently, but not very much the Beeb are suggesting.

Just had a cup of coffee outside in the sunshine : it's quite windy, but our garden is very sheltered. Cushty ........... #joysofbeingselfemployed :)

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Just had a snow storm here in Fife but now blue sky and sunshine. Four seasons in a day.

Reactions: 5 people