Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
6.2....... Co-codamol or late night, tho low carb, snacks? ......
Drugs, for sure... :) You've run out of sugar-free biccies then I assume? :D

Reactions: 3 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.9 this morning after a 5.9 last night - yay!!!! :D

I must have stirred something with my unnecessary moans yesterday about my morning readings which seemed to have settled into a rut in the 6's - and always higher than the previous night.
:singing: Fabby... brava.... :)

Reactions: 4 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.3 this morning. Its pretty consistant even though I am eating more carbs than usual. Back to work tomorrow and hopefully my old routine that has stood me in good stead since January. I hope this last couple weeks doesn't have a detrimental effect on my next hbac1. We have had to register with a new surgery and I am really hoping the diabetic nurse is as good as my other one, I guess I will find out soon enough:sorry:

Reactions: 17 people

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 down from 6.3 at bedtime.

Since I had a piece of cake during the evening I will be greatful for that.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 last night before supper, went to sleep (as usual!) before post meal test was due... ...zzzzz...

6.2 fasting this morning

I just need to start trying to sort out my weight again now.

Robbity

Reactions: 19 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
29th 8.0 mmol / L - no pre bed test.

30th 8.3 mmol / L - 8.0 mmol / L at bed time.

This morning 7.0 mmol / L - 4.6 mmol / L at bed time.

Will try harder today to make tomorrow's fasting lower. Fingers and toes crossed.

Reactions: 18 people

Gabe86

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Last night 12.0 this morning 13.3 other then a stupid weekend result my falt . Trying to keep carbs down being a veggie and slowly trying to exersize doesn't seam to work I'm all over the place I'm tired.

Reactions: 10 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night 12.0 this morning 13.3 other then a stupid weekend result my falt . Trying to keep carbs down being a veggie and slowly trying to exersize doesn't seam to work I'm all over the place I'm tired.

You will be tired with BS levels in the teens. You can get these levels down if you cut the carbs some more. Are you counting how many carbs you eat and keeping a food diary?

Reactions: 10 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In addit
You will be tired with BS levels in the teens. You can get these levels down if you cut the carbs some more. Are you counting how many carbs you eat and keeping a food diary?
@Gabe86 you may also need to increase your fat content if you are reducing your carbs - this will help you to feel fuller for longer. And the tiredness could be a little carb flu. The one bit of advice that I've seen given out to new comers that really sticks in my mind is that this change in life style is not a race... so don't try to do everything at once and expect the results to show up straight away... Make wise choices that you can stick to - it maybe that you concentrate on what your eating first and once you have the hang of that you start on the exercise side of things...

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi gabe how are you today? I found that eating low carb and high fat is the way to lose weight ...but we need to make sure the carb/ protein/ fat ratio's are correct or we end up no better of or worse ! What ratio are you using?

Reactions: 13 people
S

Sable_Jan

Drugs, for sure... :) You've run out of sugar-free biccies then I assume? :D
not yet, just going to ration them a little. Had celery sticks and cottage cheese for dinner so treated myself to just TWO for pud a little later on (needed to take painkillers but had ibuprofen this time so needed food to take them with ;))

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm not chuffed to anything, unfortunately... :( 6.8 this morning... it's getting worse... :eek: My HbA1c (can't we find a better name for it - it hardly trips of the tongue :confused:) will not be 39 next time I fear... I told my doc that I was spiking in the morning, and he said it wouldn't affect my average? Hah! I didn't know what spiking was... 5's in those days :) I did jump out of bed at 4.45 in fright when my cats started fighting in the bedroom though... :cat:
:cat::cat::cat: Not all four at once - only two, but it was enough to set my heart hammering... :)
So your liver thought you were up for the day, hadn't got any breakfast, and tried to "help" you out.... ergo 6.8 Simples (to quote a famous Meerkat ;))

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi Sable Jan,
Whilst they say sugar free they are still very high in Carbs. According to the packet 66.7 per 100gs and 8.7 per biscuit. If I ate 3 biscuits that's half my carb allowance for the day!!! :eek:

Thanks @Kezzer4321

I don't know how, or why, but although that's what the carbs say they don't impact on my bs :happy: and I have tested them many times because of it. I do know that there are carb ratings which include ALL carbs and not just "available" carbs....... the same seems to apply to me with SugarFree chocolate (at least the brand I treat myself with) ..... I wish I could remember where I read about the "available" carbs - i.e. the carbs your body actually uses. When I find it I will post a link to the article. If I were to eat the same amount of carbs as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes I know my bs would jump (or maybe even do somersaults)

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.