Simple homemade jam.

Paul59

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Finally found the answer on how to make homemade jam that's looks like jam.

2 recipes using chia.

Raw Sugar-Free All-But-Instant Raspberry Jam
Print Share
1/4 cup (60ml) coconut water
1/2 cup (85g) firmly packed chopped pitted dates
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 cups (320g) fresh raspberries (frozen don’t work well)
natural liquid sweetener (coconut nectar or maple syrup) *optional if needed
Pour the coconut water into your blender (I use a Vitamix) and add the dates.
Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the dates have broken up.
Scrape down the sides of the container, then add the chia seeds and one-half of the raspberries. Pulse on low a few times, just to break up the berries.
Add the remaining raspberries and pulse a few times on low to get a thick, chunky consistency.
If the jam is too tart, stir in liquid sweetener to taste. Go easy, or the jam will get runny.
Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes—the chia seeds will thicken the jam and the flavors will develop. The jam will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Makes 2 cups (500g)

3 cups frozen raspberries
1/4 cup of your sweerener choice to taste
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1. For the chia seed jam: Add frozen raspberries into a medium pot and bring to a simmer. After 5 minutes or so, stir in the chia seeds. Continue to cook down the mixture for about 15 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Chill in the fridge for a couple hours to thicken it up even more.

Read more: http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/25/co...spberry-chia-seed-jam-vegan-gf/#ixzz3T4XjISBb

How simple is that.

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
I make jam with frozen berries and Xanthan gum

To give us a clue real jam is usually equal quantities by weight sugar and fruit.

So what I do is put a pack of frozen berries in a bowl and microwave 8 minutes.

Then I mix a couple of teaspoons of Xanthan gum with the fake sugar (sweetener) then mix it into the hot berries,

Note - I mix the Xanthan gum with the fake sugar first to prevent lumping.

Anyway, if it is not thick enough or sweet enough you can add extra Xanthan or sweetener at anytime.

It makes great jam, as sweet and as thick as you like.

Reactions: 2 people