Make your own chocolate

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I make mine with cream and 80% chocolate, Half and half, - 100 ml of cream and 100 g of chocolate. Bring the cream just to the boil then add the chocolate and stir till its melted and mixed, add a pat of butter too. You can add liqueurs at that stage. Pop in the fridge to set then scoop tsps. of it and roll in cocoa powder. Lush.

p.s I don't add sugar, because I find as a low carber I don't notice nor miss it.

Reactions: 4 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I make mine with cream and 80% chocolate, Half and half, - 100 ml of cream and 100 g of chocolate. Bring the cream just to the boil then add the chocolate and stir till its melted and mixed, add a pat of butter too. You can add liqueurs at that stage. Pop in the fridge to set then scoop tsps. of it and roll in cocoa powder. Lush.

p.s I don't add sugar, because I find as a low carber I don't notice nor miss it.
Have made similar myself dawn and they are very nice but have a low melt point - the chocolates this young girl has made have a high melt point and a snap so can be kept out of the fridge - both great ways to make different chocs - her blog is worth a bit of a browse - she is only 16 and has various food allergies, not sugar free but all adaptable - she has a nice recipe for Nutella which can be adapted

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have made similar myself dawn and they are very nice but have a low melt point - the chocolates this young girl has made have a high melt point and a snap so can be kept out of the fridge - both great ways to make different chocs - her blog is worth a bit of a browse - she is only 16 and has various food allergies, not sugar free but all adaptable - she has a nice recipe for Nutella which can be adapted
Have to check it out, mind you I don't have a mould. I do like my ganache chocolates.

Reactions: 2 people