Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
6.8 this morning after a 5.8 last night at bedtime. :banghead:

Reactions: 13 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Failed my mission for yesterday - got caught out unexpectedly. Obviously didn't learn the Boy Scouts' motto! :(
7.7 mmol / L this morning after a false reading of 9.1 mmol / L and wash of hands and retest.
8.2 mmol / L at bed time.

Let's see how I do today, eh?

Reactions: 14 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Kezzer4321

I don't know how, or why, but although that's what the carbs say they don't impact on my bs :happy: and I have tested them many times because of it. I do know that there are carb ratings which include ALL carbs and not just "available" carbs....... the same seems to apply to me with SugarFree chocolate (at least the brand I treat myself with) ..... I wish I could remember where I read about the "available" carbs - i.e. the carbs your body actually uses. When I find it I will post a link to the article. If I were to eat the same amount of carbs as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes I know my bs would jump (or maybe even do somersaults)

I just thought it was really high - if you compare it to a normal digestive which is 62.9 per 100g and 9.3 per biscuit. With only a difference in carbs of 0.6 it may well be you can eat the normal variety.

I guess as a non diabetic you dont have to be so careful... unfortunately I cant eat either type without a rise - so I will stick to my low carb cake instead :)

Reactions: 6 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at bedtime (midnight)
then two shockers
6.5 at 2-40am (bathroom visit)
6.2 this morning

No idea why the rise between midnight and 2-40am. I don't normally test during the night , but something made me do it last night. I wish I hadn't bothered! I slept well, no dreams, no worries or stress. Most odd. My evening meal was a normal one, nothing different.

Reactions: 17 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.4 at bedtime (midnight)
then two shockers
6.5 at 2-40am (bathroom visit)
6.2 this morning

No idea why the rise between midnight and 2-40am. I don't normally test during the night , but something made me do it last night. I wish I hadn't bothered! I slept well, no dreams, no worries or stress. Most odd. My evening meal was a normal one, nothing different.
The vagaries of our condition, test, record, move on someone much wiser than me advised.

Keep well BT

Reactions: 9 people

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.9 think its fair to say the meds review has done its job

Next step is to get down the amount of meds - I've dropped the Gliclazide from 2 twice to 1 twice (Step 1)

@Welshgooner
As a direct result of a type of lchf and exercise, I too have been able to reduce my Gliclazide meds from 160mg daily to just 40mg......need I mention Step 2? :)

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

Forgot to test this.morning. kit was upstairs from previous nite which meant I didn't end up testing at all yesterday either....ate nothing new apart from teatime

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
5.9 think its fair to say the meds review has done its job

Next step is to get down the amount of meds - I've dropped the Gliclazide from 2 twice to 1 twice (Step 1)
:joyful: Fantastic... and in a short time too...

S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan Have you checked for the 'pizza effect' or just 2 hours post prandial?

Forgive me if 'I'm trying to teach my granny to suck eggs' ... not saying you're old ... stop digging the hole now Simon. ;)
Thanks Simon, yes done the hour and a half, 2hours, 2.5 hours at which it's always been lower than at 2 so never done a 3hour.....

Very valid point tho, and I am a grandma ;), just not sure I'm old enuf to be yours :D;):confused::eek::cool:

Reactions: 9 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Reactions: 2 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Forgot to test this.morning. kit was upstairs from previous nite which meant I didn't end up testing at all yesterday either....ate nothing new apart from teatime
This is just not good enough! Take 100 lines "I must never, ever, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever, forget to test my blood glucose levels."

:) :cat:

Reactions: 10 people
M

mojo37

8.1 am fasting don't know what sort of activity my liver was getting me ready for just wish it wouldn't :rolleyes:. Lost 2pds weigh wise since Monday and gained several notches on the BG scales o_O

Reactions: 14 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is just not good enough! Take 100 lines "I must never, ever, ever, under any circumstances whatsoever, forget to test my blood glucose levels."

If I were ever to admit to forgetting - I'd probably be too busy writing lines to find the time to test....

This morning 's fasting: 6.3

(I remembered this but forgot my pre breakfast test later... though sometimes I won;t bother anyway with this when they're very close together.)

Robbity

Reactions: 13 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

:) I don't like doing mine any more, it's so high.... :(

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.