Diabetes, Ulcerative Colitis, and the LCHF Diet

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to here this gemma6549. Sorry to hear about the skin problems. Not good. I'm doing okay. UC, or I should say my pre-UC symptoms, have improved for me too, but from what I've read, it takes many months for the colon to heal.

For now, I'm following the LCHF diet and have removed coffee and chocolate, the latter being an "illegal" food on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. And I continue to research different diet options to insure that I'm making the best possible choices for my health. Each day I find new rabbit trails to go down...

Reactions: 2 people
G

gemma6549

Glad to here this gemma6549. Sorry to hear about the skin problems. Not good. I'm doing okay. UC, or I should say my pre-UC symptoms have improved for met too, but from what I've read, it takes many months for the colon to heal.

For now, I'm following the LCHF diet and have removed coffee and chocolate, the latter being an "illegal" food on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. And I continue to research different diet options to insure that I'm making the best possible choices for my health. Each day I find new rabbit trails to go down...

I'm glad that your symptoms have also improved.

Its all a bit of trial and error and will take some time i imagine to get to the bottom of what does and doesn't effect things, especially as it seems to be different for everyone.

I'm keeping a food and symptoms diary so i can try and make the connections and know what to avoid.

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Suskikav, I live in a time zone that's 8 hours earlier than the UK time zone. Midnight here is 8 a.m. in the UK. :)
....and I am in the Middle East most of the time... :) All over it... and Cyprus.... We have the entire region covered in sand storms at the moment - all airports closed and my husband marooned in Saudi Arabia... he left the airport in the wee small hours, picked up his car and is driving back to Bahrain in it, with some young fellows who were stranded too... It's like the United Nations in the Jeep - all nationalities... :) At least he has good company on the 4 hour drive back home over the causeway... I think I may have caused the terrible storms, which are still raging now, because I started spring-cleaning yesterday... :( Everything, including me and the four cats, is covered in a layer of dust... my garden looks terrible... I have been awake on and off all night worrying about my husband and with cats in and out, so my BG is going to be terrible, I've no doubt... :) I'm going to have coffee and strat cake now - it's too early and dirty for anything else... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I don't eat any fat, or very little if I do so I'm hoping it's the former like you said, my body not getting the goodness and being generally run down.

I'm hoping that's it anyway so that should I get better they disappear too!!

Did yours clear once you had gotten through the bad patch?
It was a lot of years ago, but I think it went on for at least a year... maybe it was hormonal... :) Are you low-carbing for the diabetes?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Glad to here this gemma6549. Sorry to hear about the skin problems. Not good. I'm doing okay. UC, or I should say my pre-UC symptoms, have improved for me too, but from what I've read, it takes many months for the colon to heal.

:) Have you tried using pure cacao for hot chocolate and chocolate/almond cakes? It is almost pure fibre I gather... It is very intense and I mix it with cream and Truvia to make milk chocolate sometimes... I don't suffer from cravings but it hits the chocolate spot. - it also makes perfect hot chocolate with cream in it.. :)

Carlaj

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you all again. This has been so helpful! Getting on much better and glucose readings are finally starting to stabilise as I am reducing steroids for the UC. Was really worrying me! Xxx

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you all again. This has been so helpful! Getting on much better and glucose readings are finally starting to stabilise as I am reducing steroids for the UC. Was really worrying me! Xxx
That's good news... :)